The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

7 hours ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Ehhhhh, does the name Virt sound familiar?

Jake is not Podz. Granted I respect Jake for not sulking and whining, Jakes's biggest issues are hockey sense and commitment.

Podz is a natural leader who works his ass off.

When he was drafted he couldn't speak a lick of English, I heard him in a podcast last week and the dude sounded like he's been speaking it since he was a kid.

He is a true pro and far more mature than Jake.

• Cheers 3

On 3/11/2021 at 8:33 AM, Googlie said:

And Michaelis.  Benning mentioned his PK abilities when he commented on his signing.  Green hasn't used him there yet though.

Michaelis hasn't been that bad. If you were to pick whod be out of the lineup, Hawrychuk (whatever his name is) or Michaelis, the latter should stick. I would assume with all the injuries big Mac is playing tomorrow night

32 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Can Podz skate like Kirill Kaprizov?

Can Podz shoot like Kirill Kaprizov?

I'm not sure, but I do know Kirill can't be as young as Podkolzin, or  be drafted in the same year in the same slot.

Can't be as tall as Podkolzin either.

7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Why would you compare Podz to Kapri?  Kapri is one of those freak players that are picked in the late rounds and then end up being a star player.  He had great numbers in the KHL, but for being 5'9", he could very well have gone in the top 5-10 picks.  Fantastic pick for the Wild. He's more of a comparable to Pete or Boes, although it's a way too early to do that. We'll see how he's doing in a couple of seasons.

I don't see Podz being a huge goal scorer, but will likely have a lot of assists.  I don't know about Kapri's skating, but Podz is a great skater and can weave around pretty much anyone; or if he has to, he'll just crash through them.

Podz is projected to be a power forward that is ugly to play against.  His puck possession stats will be outstanding.  He has the potential to become the kind of player every team wants to have in their lineup when the playoffs come along.

Comparing these 2 players is like comparing a Porche to a Hummer.:towel:

it would be more interesting to see them on a line together, could be terrific complimentary players for each other.