The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

5 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

Why are we comparing Podkolzin to a guy about to turn 24? Just because they came from the same country?

Will Kole Lind be as good as Crosby? If not he's a bust since they're both Canadians.

Hey,

You must be new here Nice to meet you. I look forward to reading your posts. Just look out for Squam, he is a Flames fan.

Regards,

• Haha 2

Vasili just understands how to play the game. Self-sacrifice for team success instead of cheating out the little details of the game.

Gets the puck out and takes the hit despite he could've avoided contact or looked for an offensive opportunity. Something our team has tremendous issues

33 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Said it when he was drafted, said it when first saw him play and will say it again - this kid is a bonafide NHL talent with potential to be a top 6 fixture for ANY team in the league.    He plays like Horvat but with better hands and more speed.     He will be a fan favourite out of the gate and drive a lot of other teams nuts with his aggressive and relentless play.   He plays clean and hard versus dick moves that some guys in league seem to think necessary to be considered "tough".    Looking forward to seeing him in the smaller NHL rinks where his game will go to another level.   He is also an insanely natural passer who at same age reminds me of how Draisaitl moved the puck around those who simply had no idea how to take the pass.   

Agree on his similar style, disagree on the hands.  I think he's a better playmaker though

53 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Said it when he was drafted, said it when first saw him play and will say it again - this kid is a bonafide NHL talent with potential to be a top 6 fixture for ANY team in the league.    He plays like Horvat but with better hands and more speed.     He will be a fan favourite out of the gate and drive a lot of other teams nuts with his aggressive and relentless play.   He plays clean and hard versus dick moves that some guys in league seem to think necessary to be considered "tough".    Looking forward to seeing him in the smaller NHL rinks where his game will go to another level.   He is also an insanely natural passer who at same age reminds me of how Draisaitl moved the puck around those who simply had no idea how to take the pass.   

I think he's more relentless in puck pursuit (more like Motte) than Horvat but the way he takes the puck to the net may end up being similar.  Not sure if his hands will or are better than Bo's... For a winger he'll be a above average puck distributor (more like Höglander).   

Overall, I keep seeing Pavelski in his game.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Agree on his similar style, disagree on the hands.  I think he's a better playmaker though

And I disagree on “speed”. Current incarnation of Bo is a faster skater....especially in terms of straight line top end and acceleration. Horvat came into the NHL with skating similar to where Podz is...in my opinion. And just like Bo did, Vasily will improve his.

Agree that Podz sees the ice better than our captain.

I’m very thrilled to hear about his progress. The fact that he’s able to work his way up the lineup during a game just shows how badly he wants to win and his mentality. I have always admired his relentlessness on forecheck and backcheck as well as his playmaking ability. His shot is pretty sick also. I’m excited about his development and can’t wait to see him in a Nucks uniform in the near future

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I’m very thrilled to hear about his progress. The fact that he’s able to work his way up the lineup during a game just shows how badly he wants to win and his mentality. I have always admired his relentlessness on forecheck and backcheck as well as his playmaking ability. His shot is pretty sick also. I’m excited about his development and can’t wait to see him in a Nucks uniform in the near future

I'm stoked too.

Podz is ready now.

It's painful knowing this, yet having to wait.

• Haha 1