The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

On 3/17/2021 at 3:47 PM, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Once these guys hit their prime, Podz-Petey-Boeser will be such an effective line. Allows us to move Miller to center and give us 3 lethal lines if we can get some better wingers. Hopefully Lind, Gadjovich, Jasek step up and slot in our top 9 in the future 

Next year I'd love to see 

Hoglander-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin 

Virtanen/Vesey  -Miller-Lind 

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen 

I believe they will re-sign Pearson even though I don't think its the best fit long term.  He is to inconsistent in the top 6.  Depends how Vesey does with us the rest of the season he could potentially play on Millers wing. 

Virtanen has been using his feet and been flying ever since he was put into a top 6 roll. Gotta believe the offence will come. He could be a potential fit next season on Millers wing.   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Hoglander-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin 

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen 

I believe they will re-sign Pearson even though I don't think its the best fit long term.  He is to inconsistent in the top 6.  Depends how Vesey does with us the rest of the season he could potentially play on Millers wing. 

Virtanen has been using his feet and been flying ever since he was put into a top 6 roll. Gotta believe the offence will come. He could be a potential fit next season on Millers wing.   

I think if they re-sign Tanner it will be for a 3rd line role.

I don't think Vesey will ever be signed here. We have a plethora of kids that need a look, it's the same reason I think it's better to use the cap for Tanner elsewhere unless it's a real team friendly deal.

6 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Hoglander-Petey-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin 

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen 

Saying that Pearson is too inconsistent to log top 6 minutes and then saying Virtanen should be top 6 next year. lol.... 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Hoglander-Petey-Boeser

Motte-Horvat-Podkolzin 

Gadjovich  -Miller-Lind 

Virtanen-Beagle-MacEwen 

FTFY

Edited by hammertime

16 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Meanwhile, Podz has 3 opponents beating on him, while his teammates stand and watch...

Perfect training for when he gets to the Canucks. Rypien was such a breath of fresh air. Never a doubt he would back up any team mate. RIP

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Perfect training for when he gets to the Canucks. Rypien was such a breath of fresh air. Never a doubt he would back up any team mate. RIP

I always felt that the 09-10 Canucks were better than the 10-11 Canucks.  They felt more complete.  

Had more truculent players who were more than willing to drop the drop the glove or play a little more chippy.... Rypien, Hordichuk, SOB, Steve Bernier, etc.  

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think if they re-sign Tanner it will be for a 3rd line role.

I don't think Vesey will ever be signed here. We have a plethora of kids that need a look, it's the same reason I think it's better to use the cap for Tanner elsewhere unless it's a real team friendly deal.

Hope we don't  sign Pearson  3rd line winger and we already have lot of bottom 6 player...

Vesey has played with Miller at world Jr' and with the Ranger...Vesey 6'3, 200 lbs will be a 18 --20 Goal scorer playing in top 6..

Vesey will run with this great opportunity ...  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Saying that Pearson is too inconsistent to log top 6 minutes and then saying Virtanen should be top 6 next year. lol.... 

I have Virtanen on the third line with Miller... I said he looks good currently playing in the top 6 using he speed (which he does) 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I always felt that the 09-10 Canucks were better than the 10-11 Canucks.  They felt more complete.  

Had more truculent players who were more than willing to drop the drop the glove or play a little more chippy.... Rypien, Hordichuk, SOB, Steve Bernier, etc.  

Those were some great team we had. So much skill and toughness, and character for days. We also had a Hall of Fame goaltender. It's too bad we couldn't get the job done in the end. :sadno:

• Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Those were some great team we had. So much skill and toughness, and character for days. We also had a Hall of Fame goaltender. It's too bad we couldn't get the job done in the end. :sadno:

It was worse than 94 for me.

Such a talented team that it was shocking how bad they played some games, then the next game they looked unbeatable, such a roller coaster.

16 hours ago, wildcam said:

Hope we don't  sign Pearson  3rd line winger and we already have lot of bottom 6 player...

Vesey has played with Miller at world Jr' and with the Ranger...Vesey 6'3, 200 lbs will be a 18 --20 Goal scorer playing in top 6..

Vesey will run with this great opportunity ...  

I hope your right on Vesey...I think I would rather have Pearson myself....Vesey looks like Lievo "light" to me, lots of talent but no sense of how to play a complete game....