The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Showing the form that had him rated top 3 beginning of his draft year before the "Oh yes, he's Russian" sentiment took over dropping him into JBs lap at 10th

I think a lot of teams were scared off with podz being signed for 3 yrs beyond his draft year.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Crazy how all year the critique was he wasn't playing enough (fair), and now in the most important moments they are turning to Podkolzin in every situation.

Very impressive. It's hard not to be over the moon about this kid. Exactly the type of player we need.

Seems like the type of kid to will his team to victory, especially in big games. Can’t wait to see him in the lineup.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

The kid is an absolute warrior! He does it all! Crazy thing is next game is no guarantee as the coach likes to bench him every other game.

He learned at the feet of the master - studied endless videos of Green with Virtanen and Juolevi 

Edited by Googlie
  • RoughGame 1

8 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

With Podz and Lind coming next year ...we are probably fine without Pearson and Vesey....

I think Vesey could be signed for 900,000 X 1 yr how me more deal ?

Podkolzin wil jump into line up and play with Horvat ......Podkolzin  GP 75 G 18   PTS 35 -- Plays solid 200 foot game, very aggressive

3 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Button is always gushing about him for year's, he loves the kid and for good reason.

Stat watchers and haters, aside, at 18 he was a leader, at 19 he's been captain of 2 national team's and is being counted on in a prime role on one of the best teams and arguably the showcase team of the league.

Just another solid piece of an already elite young core moving forward.

Hope to see him this season but that's doubtful unless the worlds get cancelled but man next season we probably see OJ,

Podz, Rathbone, Lind and Woo, Lockwood, maybe Gajovich, possibly Dipietro? 

That's a hell of a lot of Elcs coming in right as the contracts that won't be part of the core expire, fun times.

Like your enthusiasm but probably just OJ, Pods and Rathbone next year with the rest as possible call ups later on in the season in spot duty. Nice to finally have some quality depth on the farm to choose from.

• Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Googlie said:

Showing the form that had him rated top 3 beginning of his draft year before the "Oh yes, he's Russian" sentiment took over dropping him into JBs lap at 10th

He is a Russian. Just like Tryamkin I will not rest easy until both of them sign a contract. The positive is that some of those KHL teams were bouncing cheques last year. Very exciting that Podz and Try could be in the lineup next fall.

• Cheers 4

Don't see what the big deal is about this kid. I looked at those clips and what did he do? In one he fell down. And in the other he just hung around with his butt in the goalie's face waiting for his linemates to score. What use is a guy that? That idjit JB shoulda got one of the guys what scored the goal. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, crunch55 said:

It's impossible to take anyone serious who can't string together a simple sentence or two of English.

"What use is a guy that? That idjit JB shoulda got one of the guys what scored the goal. :lol:"

You obviously do not know the poster very well and that was a bit of sarcasm on his part.

10 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Like your enthusiasm but probably just OJ, Pods and Rathbone next year with the rest as possible call ups later on in the season in spot duty. Nice to finally have some quality depth on the farm to choose from.

I think Lind will be our 3C next year. Unless Aquilini agrees to a couple buyouts to free up cap space. Gadjovich may surprise in training camp. But for sure he will get called up and may play himself right into the starting lineup. 

• Upvote 1