The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

actually I'm not sure what his status is for burning a year as per number of games needed  - @mll might be able to shed light on this 

Yes, because of the abbreviated season he can play 6 games before it would burn a year off his ELC. Usually the number of games is 10, but the rule was changed for this season.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JaboVancouver said:

Yes, because of the abbreviated season he can play 6 games before it would burn a year off his ELC. Usually the number of games is 10, but the rule was changed for this season.

This is only for slide eligible junior players with an ELC. Anyone coming from a pro league or college would burn the year as soon as the contract was signed for this season.

Look at the signings of Teves and Rafferty out of college. Both signed to two year contracts for the end of the 2019(?) season and both burned a year with only 2ish games each.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

This is only for slide eligible junior players with an ELC. Anyone coming from a pro league or college would burn the year as soon as the contract was signed for this season.

Look at the signings of Teves and Rafferty out of college. Both signed to two year contracts for the end of the 2019(?) season and both burned a year with only 2ish games each.

You are correct. Because he turns 20 before September 16th this year he falls under the over ager category and burns his first year as soon as he signs. It doesn't have anything to do with where he is playing though. It's just about his age.ELC.jpg.4a040c154c4497f2b952aa7d03896756.jpg

Edited by JaboVancouver
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, JaboVancouver said:

You are correct. Because he turns 20 before September 16th this year he falls under the over ager category and burns his first year as soon as he signs. It doesn't have anything to do with where he is playing though. It's just about his age.ELC.jpg.4a040c154c4497f2b952aa7d03896756.jpg

The more you know!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Is there any Russian media insight as to why he's not playing VP very much? 

There is nothing really in the Russian media about Podkolzin's limited minutes in game 3 of the conference final.

But I notice that SKA got more experienced forward Ketov into lineup after his injury, right before the first game against CSKA. In that game Ketov replaced Marchenko in line with Podkolzin and Morozov, that did not work out well. In next game Marchenko was back on ice and Ketov was benched. In game 3 Ketov played and Vasily was benched - I guess this was Podkolzin's turn to sit...

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Who cares, he's out of there. :canucks: I hope we sign him to play some games this year to get his feet wet. Does it burn a year if he plays less than 7 games or whatever that limit is?

sign him for next year, enough of this sign a young kid at the end of a year to burn an ENTIRE year of his AFFORDABLE ELC...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

There is nothing really in the Russian media about Podkolzin's limited minutes in game 3 of the conference final.

But I notice that SKA got more experienced forward Ketov into lineup after his injury, right before the first game against CSKA. In that game Ketov replaced Marchenko in line with Podkolzin and Morozov, that did not work out well. In next game Marchenko was back on ice and Ketov was benched. In game 3 Ketov played and Vasily was benched - I guess this was Podkolzin's turn to sit...

sounds like a coach desperate to find a combination that works 

On 4/6/2021 at 9:50 PM, Stierlitz said:

In case anyone is wondering why CSKA is up 3-0 in this series against SKA, I would say that the CSKA head coach Nikitin beat Valery Bragin tactically. CSKA is playing exactly like Jacques Lemaire's teams in the past (New Jersey 1993-98 and Minnesota Wild 2000-09) - defense first, quick counter-attacks, very boring to watch. Russian experts are complaining that CSKA players are like robots - they play emotionless, effectively closing passing and scoring lines, not giving opponents much chances to score. They play like chess game, not hockey :)

On the other hand, SKA is more about offence. If they don't score, they are going to loose. Another problem for SKA is that Lars Johansson, Swedish goalkeeper for CSKA, is very effective against SKA in playoffs. The goal which SKA scored in first period today was the first one they scored to Johansson in any playoff game. SKA could not score to Johansson in 293 min 54 secs total (playoff games).

Its solely because they arent playing pod 25 mins a game.

As per Faber.