The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

I will bet Jimbo finds cap space to sign this kid.

They must be drooling over the chance to get his signature on a contract.

thats the nice thing about ELCs, they be cheap. Waive Loui, add Vaslili. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

I wonder if this playoff performance makes Craig Button rethink where he had Podkolzin ranked in his prospect rankings. Considering Pod has more points than his linemate Morozov, ranked 28 by Button, and he just tied Kravtsov, ranked 16 by Button, as the best U20 KHL playoff scorer in single season history.

Don’t really pay attention to the KHL but I can’t imagine Kravtsov being glued to the bench every other game during his run. Podz has looked stellar yet somehow has I think 2 games in these playoffs with under 4 minutes of ice time.

21 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Don’t really pay attention to the KHL but I can’t imagine Kravtsov being glued to the bench every other game during his run. Podz has looked stellar yet somehow has I think 2 games in these playoffs with under 4 minutes of ice time.

I know what you mean but in actuality both players are averaging about the same amount of ice time for their respective runs.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Looks like the back up goalie won this. SKA should run with him next game too. 

I would not consider Magnus Hellberg as a backup goalie. He was officially named by the KHL as the best goalie of the second round of playoffs (conference semifinals).

He started game # 1 vs CSKA, got 2 goals on 9 shots in the first period and was replaced by Samonov for periods 2 and 3.

Samonov started game # 2, got 3 goals in 4 minutes in second period and was replaced by Hellberg at 27:24.

Hellberg started game # 3, played the whole game and continued in games # 4 and 5.

hellberg1.jpg

• Thanks 2

Just now, Stierlitz said:

I would not consider Magnus Hellberg as a backup goalie. He was officially named by the KHL as the best goalie of the second round of playoffs (conference semifinals).

He started game # 1 vs CSKA, got 2 goals on 9 shots in the first period and was replaced by Samonov for periods 2 and 3.

Samonov started game # 2, got 3 goals in 4 minutes in second period and was replaced by Hellberg at 27:24.

Hellberg started game # 3, played the whole game and continued in games # 4 and 5.

hellberg1.jpg

Oh okay, by the looks of it I thought Samsanov was number 1  and he looked shaky on a few goals. I didn't watch much of their regular season. 

Samsonov gives up a soft goal a game from what I saw. I think Hellburg should go for game 5.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

He is a troll. All of you responding to him just puts a smile on his face. Put him on ignore and he will disappear. 

Nah, I almost never agree with his takes but every once in a while he'll surprise me 

I'm all for alternative takes even if I think they're ridiculous at times 

• Cheers 3

This kid is an absolute joy to watch. The passion he plays with and work ethic is unteachable. Great to see him doing so well and producing when it matters most. Very excited to see him in a Nucks uni as early as next season but possibly earlier if we manage to sneak into the playoffs.

• Cheers 3

12 hours ago, FaninMex said:

He is a troll. All of you responding to him just puts a smile on his face. Put him on ignore and he will disappear. 

Only reason I don't have him on ignore is for the sheer comedy of his posts :lol:

• Haha 2