The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

14 hours ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, playing the worlds for Russia will probably be a better experience than platooning in to the going show, compacted schedule in a f'd season, that we're going to see here.

Because Podz is picked for Team Russia does that mean he has to go? I suspect he would. What 19 year old is going to say no. I would be curious to know if Podz has talked to Tryamkin? Higher comfort level for both players to have a fellow countryman on the Canucks. I have a high anxiety level for any Russian player not under contract. Benning should sign both ASAP. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Because Podz is picked for Team Russia does that mean he has to go? I suspect he would. What 19 year old is going to say no. I would be curious to know if Podz has talked to Tryamkin? Higher comfort level for both players to have a fellow countryman on the Canucks. I have a high anxiety level for any Russian player not under contract. Benning should sign both ASAP. 

Have to imagine he's talked to Linden Vey about his Canucks' experiences.  Not sure whether that would be good or bad

17 hours ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, playing the worlds for Russia will probably be a better experience than platooning in to the going show, compacted schedule in a f'd season, that we're going to see here.

If the Worlds are happening, I'd be good with him playing there instead. That would also be really good experience for him. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

If the Worlds are happening, I'd be good with him playing there instead. That would also be really good experience for him. 

Playing on a line with Ovi?   Russia's current and future captains.  I could accept that in exchange for not seeing him here next month!!

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Playing on a line with Ovi?   Russia's current and future captains.  I could accept that in exchange for not seeing him here next month!!

I'm pretty sure ovi will be playing for the stanley cup lol

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

9 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I'm pretty sure ovi will be playing for the stanley cup lol

Well that's true - I forgot about that little piece of silverware 

Edited by Googlie

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Vey, Fanta, Tryamkin and way back in the corner Larionov. Bure doesn't count I think he lives in Florida. 

Larionov has been coaching him a fair amount. I would be willing to bet the Professor encouraged Podz to come to Vancouver, and I would imagine he is really looking forward to getting here.

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Larionov has been coaching him a fair amount. I would be willing to bet the Professor encouraged Podz to come to Vancouver, and I would imagine he is really looking forward to getting here.

Grooming him to be Russia's captain in a few years