The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | RW

4 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

The main problem I have putting him with Bo and Hog is that Pod, aside from being relentless in his puck pursuit, is already an elite playmaker/passer and on that line Bo is the only high end shooter so it kind of limits who is going to be finishing plays. Pod is a decent shooter but nowhere near the caliber of Boes, Bo, Petey or JT

You don't know that. Pod's shot is severely underrated.

Just look at this. You're telling me that this shot is "nowhere near the calibre" of all those players? I'd say you're lying.

49 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You don't know that. Pod's shot is severely underrated.

Just look at this. You're telling me that this shot is "nowhere near the calibre" of all those players? I'd say you're lying.

What shots exactly are you talking about in this clip? Theres really only one I've seen that supports your theory (The one timer between the dots). I'm looking to be convinced because I dont think his shot is up to NHL forward standards. Probably the weakest part of this game from what I've seen.

17 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

What shots exactly are you talking about in this clip? Theres really only one I've seen that supports your theory (The one timer between the dots). I'm looking to be convinced because I dont think his shot is up to NHL forward standards. Probably the weakest part of this game from what I've seen.

The moment I linked is exactly where his shot came in. And that's not a one timer. That was a snap shot. 1:18 something.

Also, there's been English speaking commentators (can't remember which one), that say his shot is NHL calibre, FWIW.

Edited by Dazzle

Just now, Dazzle said:

The moment I linked is exactly where his shot came in. And that's not a one timer. That was a snap shot. 1:15 something.

I seen that one. The problem I have with that shot is 99% of nhlers can make it with that amount of time and space. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

I seen that one. The problem I have with that shot is 99% of nhlers can make it with that amount of time and space. 

Oh yeah?

I guess Boeser's shot is not NHL calibre then using your logic.

Talking about the clip where Boeser had space and time to score on Price in his first season. Your methodology of gauging whether someone's NHL calibre or not is deeply flawed.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Oh yeah?

I guess Boeser's shot is not NHL calibre then using your logic.

Talking about the clip where Boeser had space and time to score on Price in his first season. Your methodology of gauging whether someone's NHL calibre or not is deeply flawed.

Boeser is a proven nhl sniper. Not just some clip scoring one goal on a teenage goalie all by himself. 

Let me show you what you just posted 

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Boeser is a proven nhl sniper. Not just some clip scoring one goal on a teenage goalie all by himself. 

Let me show you what you just posted 

So your reasoning for gauging that his shot is NOT NHL CALIBRE is the fact that he hasn't played in an NHL game where he has scored on an NHL goalie.

Are you listening to yourself?

I guess Pettersson's shots in the SHL/WJC tournaments weren't NHL calibre either when we watched them. Like, seriously, you should rethink about how you are coming to these conclusions. I get that you want to be critical, but your METHODOLOGY for measuring someone's quality of shot is flawed.

You can have an NHL calibre type shot without yet having played an NHL game. This is TOTALLY possible. Look at the AHL players. Some of the snipers are on the cusp of making the NHL.

Edited by Dazzle

Just now, Dazzle said:

So your reasoning for gauging that his shot is NOT NHL CALIBRE is the fact that he hasn't played in an NHL game where he has scored on an NHL goalie.

Are you listening to yourself?

He did play in the khl for 2 seasons... do you have any clips of him rifling pucks in the net over there?

I want to believe it but it's going to take more than 1 instance when he was wide open against a teenage goalie to convince me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 73 Percent said:

He did play in the khl for 2 seasons... do you have any clips of him rifling pucks in the net over there?

I want to believe it but it's going to take more than 1 instance when he was wide open against a teenage goalie to convince me. 

KHL goalie.

Now, sit down pls.

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

6 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

This isn't a 'shot', per se, but it shows the kind of hands that he has. His shot will get even better than it is. Look at Horvat's improvement.

You really have to be kidding yourself if you think Podkolzin doesn't have a good foundation to be an NHL player.

Anyway, I just wanted to prove a point that you were so wrong. Let's leave it at that.

• Hydration 1

41 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The moment I linked is exactly where his shot came in. And that's not a one timer. That was a snap shot. 1:18 something.

Also, there's been English speaking commentators (can't remember which one), that say his shot is NHL calibre, FWIW.

NHL caliber is a long way from elite like Boes, Bo or Petey

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

This isn't a 'shot', per se, but it shows the kind of hands that he has. His shot will get even better than it is. Look at Horvat's improvement.

You really have to be kidding yourself if you think Podkolzin doesn't have a good foundation to be an NHL player.

Anyway, I just wanted to prove a point that you were so wrong. Let's leave it at that.

Where have I ever said that. You're losing it man. All I said was his shot isnt nhl caliber.  You did nothing to prove that a false narrative.

Good day to you sir.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

NHL caliber is a long way from elite like Boes, Bo or Petey

you think Bo has an elite shot though? I have never considered his shot better than average

Edited by AV's Coin
  • Hydration 1

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Where have I ever said that. You're losing it man. All I said was his shot isnt nhl caliber.  You did nothing to prove that a false narrative.

Good day to you sir.

So, YOU made the argument that you hadn't seen Podkolzin laser shots on KHL goalies. I gave you three examples of those (two really), and instead of being a man and admitting you were wrong, you decide to double down on your original position.

You're right. I'm losing it (my patience with this stupid board).

10 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So, YOU made the argument that you hadn't seen Podkolzin laser shots on KHL goalies. I gave you three examples of those (two really), and instead of being a man and admitting you were wrong, you decide to double down on your original position.

You're right. I'm losing it (my patience with this stupid board).

@73 Percent 73 wins this one by a country mile.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

@73 Percent 73 wins this one by a country mile.

Clearly ... his shot is now where near NHL caliber or Boeser's level. The guy can barely get the puck on net and rarely ever shoots directly. Where on earth do you go to find such odd opinion I can't even imagine.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • RoughGame 1