The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Five players (one goalie, two defencemen and three forwards) were cut from the Russian national team in preparation for the last part of EuroTour in Czech Rep. in May 12-15.

As Bragin said a month ago, the team roster for the coming tournament will be pretty much the same as for the world championship.

15 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Five players (one goalie, two defencemen and three forwards) were cut from the Russian national team in preparation for the last part of EuroTour in Czech Rep. in May 12-15.

As Bragin said a month ago, the team roster for the coming tournament will be pretty much the same as for the world championship.

is Podz still technically under his KHL contact while playing for the national team? or can we sign him anytime?

40 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is Podz still technically under his KHL contact while playing for the national team? or can we sign him anytime?

Not sure but this needs to be JB top priority.  Get him signed asap.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think there was a tweet a few pages back that he wouldn't/couldn't sign until after the world's.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I know everyone is down about the canucks but how can you not be excited for next season? Especially if we get a top 7 pick. Adding petey and podz next season is making me giddy, i really dont care what is going on this season anymore besides where we gonna draft. It sucks but man we have a lot of good things to look forward to.

Thanks for lifting spirits and reminding us there is a lot to look forward to next season

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Players for the national team have basic temporary contract with Russian Hockey Federation.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I know everyone is down about the canucks but how can you not be excited for next season? Especially if we get a top 7 pick. Adding petey and podz next season is making me giddy, i really dont care what is going on this season anymore besides where we gonna draft. It sucks but man we have a lot of good things to look forward to.

It’s going to be nice when we have 2 Hughes on the back end with Bonesy

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

So excited for next season....

1. Miller --Petey -- Podkolzin

2. Hoglander - Horvat -- Boser

3 Pearson - ______ __--  Motte

4. MacEwen __Lind__ -- Gadjovich --- ((Russel Need to buy out.Not same player after knee injury --- Beagle ?

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

So excited for next season....

1. Miller --Petey -- Podkolzin

2. Hoglander - Horvat -- Boser

3 Pearson - ______ __--  Motte

4. MacEwen __Lind__ -- Gadjovich --- ((Russel Need to buy out.Not same player after knee injury --- Beagle ?

Podz won’t start on the top line. Expect him on the 3rd with a possible progression to the 2nd line if he excels. 

• Vintage 2

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Podz won’t start on the top line. Expect him on the 3rd with a possible progression to the 2nd line if he excels. 

I agree.  He has a lot to learn at the NHL level, so they will take it slow with him.  He will learn to play a heavy game at a young age and will not be rushed.  I would love to see him on the same line as Motte, who could be a great mentor for Podz.  Find a 3c that plays the 2-way game with some offensive upside and we will see some very exciting hockey. 

When he's ready, I would love to see him alongside Bo and Miller.  His play making abilities will create a great scoring line.  I could see him fetching and feeding the puck to Pete and Boes as well.

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

PODKOLZIN will be a top 6 forward??? So what do you call top line?

Horvat line will play more minutes then Petey's line depending on team and match ups.

Green said he play Petey in all situations..

Podkolzin GP 16 - G 6 --PTS 11 -- KHL PLAYOFFS - lead his team in points playing 13.40 mins

solid 200 foot game, gritty, size 6'1, 215 lbs, ,,Every Canuck game I watch we are missing this type of top 6 forward..

I bet you never thought Hoglander was going to be  top 6 forward???? GP 48 - G 10 --PTS 24 ---ONly 20 yrs old..

Podkolzin  is top 6 forward on skill alone, never mind the grit and energy ? Better then Pearson right now...

Missing this top 6 forward this season, filling it with Pearson and Jake........

Podkolzin 6'1, 215 lbs, skill, grit, 200 foot player -- GP 75 -  G 19 - 22 -- PTS 44 --48---- MIssing this style of top 6 forward...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

Podkolzin 6'1, 215 lbs, skill, grit, 200 foot player -- GP 75 -  G 19 - 22 -- PTS 44 --48---- MIssing this style of top 6 forward...

SKA St Petersburg webpage lists him as 193 cms, which is 6'3"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Googlie said:

SKA St Petersburg webpage lists him as 193 cms, which is 6'3"

He’s a big boy, isn’t he!  Doesn’t turn 20 until June too.  We are really lucky Benning got this kid.  I see a lot of the great 

Russian from the 70’s in Pods.  Alexander Yakushev.  

• Cheers 2

On 5/6/2021 at 2:37 PM, Stierlitz said:

Players for the national team have basic temporary contract with Russian Hockey Federation.

We can still sign him though, can’t we?  NHL players go to the world’s for Russia, and they’re under contract to their NHL teams, no?  We need this kid.  He’s going to be a key piece to our three Cups over the next decade.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3