The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

You're not in the wrong for thinking so. Zegras is quite the phenom. We were one OTL loss less away from being able to draft him (typical Canucks :lol:).

Its gonna happen again this year.. Canucks are gonna beat the flames cuz they cant tank properly. This time, it might cost us Brandt Clarke

• Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

We'll see how it all plays out, but I think you're right. I've said it before, I think there are going to be 9 teams regretting not picking him. 

U do know that Jimbo had Zegras rated higher than Pod. They kept on having interviews with zegras. Man... I bet the team was DEVASTATED that Zegras was taken at 9.. And this was because the team CANNOT tank properly.... 

This is the result of stupid moral victories... fk wins.. TANK TANK TANK 

** This is not to say Pod is bad, its just I prefer Zegras 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

U do know that Jimbo had Zegras rated higher than Pod. They kept on having interviews with zegras. Man... I bet the team was DEVASTATED that Zegras was taken at 9.. And this was because the team CANNOT tank properly.... 

It's always subjective. As always, only time will tell. And btw, they are both more than likely going to be fantastic players, just different styles. 

18 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Its gonna happen again this year.. Canucks are gonna beat the flames cuz they cant tank properly. This time, it might cost us Brandt Clarke

Or a guy like Simon Edvinsson. He's like Ristolainen but with better hockey sense. I just want one of these high-end defencemen...

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2021 at 9:55 PM, 73 Percent said:

Is his height that important that we cant wait 2 months to actually get an official report? And we wonder why media is so negative towards this team and fanbase. 

We do it to ourselves 

I tell this to all the girls on Tinder too 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Well, we don't have Zegras, we have Podkolzin. Deal with it.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

23 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

You do realize tanking is only a thing with fans right? No player willing doesn’t win, just on the off chance they might be able to better draft a player that may come in and take their job. Players have to much pride to willingly lose. It doesn’t make any sense to anyone other then fans at home...

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

You do realize tanking is only a thing with fans right? No player willing doesn’t win, just on the off chance they might be able to better draft a player that may come in and take their job. Players have to much pride to willingly lose. It doesn’t make any sense to anyone other then fans at home...

Yup, I do realize that, but I love expressing my own feelings :). Players ofc will always play to win 

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2021 at 4:01 PM, DontMessMe said:

There were a lot of good players in that draft. Zegras would have been awesome. We were really lucky to get Podkolzin where we did, every time I've seen him play, he drives the pace on the ice and he makes the guys around him, better.

In a redraft, Hoglander would easily go in the 15, possibly close to top 10 as well. He's had an incredible first season and is just going to get better.

• Cheers 2

On 5/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, BarnBurner said:

We'll see how it all plays out, but I think you're right. I've said it before, I think there are going to be 9 teams regretting not picking him. 

Edit: Btw, not saying there aren't other good players, but Podz is like a bull in a China shop. The main thing is to play him with the right linemates.

He was rated 1-2 going into the fall in his draft.  Several things figured in him falling to 10, mostly the showcasing of that excellent American cohort.  But he wasn't the kind of goal scorer that normally goes at the top of the draft so that cost him too.  If he drives play, carries a line and is a strong playmaker, though, that's a huge plus for us. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Between Podkolzin and Höglander as well as some late guys like Carson Focht, Jack Malone, Arturs Silovs and Aidan McDonough 2019 just might shape up to be as good as 2017

For sure.  It's amazing how much Podkolzin and Hoglander have in common too.  We definitely scored the dynamos of that draft.  If Motte can stay healthy, we can have one on each of our top 3 lines:  not a bad scenario.

Edited by Maniwaki Canuck
typo
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

And Pods is better than Zegras now, and will continue to be the better player, who contributes more to winning, in the future.  Pods is a fabulous player.  We are fortunate to have him.  

He's a future captain of the Russian national team.

• Cheers 1