Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

Yep, I'd be happy with a 15g 15a, 30 point (over 82 games) season from Podz. I just want to see high-effort Hoglander-style play

I see his assists far outpacing his goal totals. He’s an excellent passer with great vision. Shot is decent but needs some work. But this kid WILL put in the work, no worries there,

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wildcam said:

I agree with you 100%..Podkolzin  19, 6'2, 215 lbs, lead his KHL team in scoring GP 16 - G 6 --PTS 11 -- AVG 13:40 toi...

 

Just little clarification - those are his stats for the KHL playoff games.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Yep, I'd be happy with a 15g 15a, 30 point (over 82 games) season from Podz. I just want to see high-effort Hoglander-style play

I just don’t think that he will hit those numbers next year, and your expectations are even more tempered then some other fans’. 
 

I would put money on 7-10 goals for Podkolzin next year. 30 points might be achievable if he’s put on the 3rd line with a good linemate or two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I see his assists far outpacing his goal totals. He’s an excellent passer with great vision. Shot is decent but needs some work. But this kid WILL put in the work, no worries there,

I think he'll clean up some garbage infront of the net to add to his goal totals. And I'm not that confident he'll get linemates who can actually finish (for the first half of the year at least) to rack up the assist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I just don’t think that he will hit those numbers next year, and your expectations are even more tempered then some other fans’. 
 

I would put money on 7-10 goals for Podkolzin next year. 30 points might be achievable if he’s put on the 3rd line with a good linemate or two. 

Yeah, I was imagining him playing 3RW and earning some PP2 time later in the year. Depends on who we can get to centre that 3rd line I suppose

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I just don’t think that he will hit those numbers next year, and your expectations are even more tempered then some other fans’. 
 

I would put money on 7-10 goals for Podkolzin next year. 30 points might be achievable if he’s put on the 3rd line with a good linemate or two. 

It's going to be interesting, but remember, this isn't a kid coming in straight from junior, he's got experience in the 2nd best league in the world, across 3 seasons. He's experienced in playing with and against men and has been holding his own in that league. I would not be surprised, with the style of game that he plays, to see him hit 15+ goals and 20 - 30 assists. This kid is a badger in the corners, never quits and his feet never stop moving.

 

I don't expect him to be the second coming of Bure or anything, but he's coming in as a 20 year old with quite of bit of professional and international experience.

 

Looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Burr 1
  • Sedinery 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Exit Virtanen and enter Podkolzin.

Looks that way. I would have liked to see a top 9 with both Virtanen and Podkolzin though. Oh well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 7:07 AM, Alflives said:

IMO Pods has the skillset to be center.  I'd like to see him get that chance.  He could be a much needed third line center, and play with experienced wingers.  Maybe:  Motte, Pods, ?

Boy that would be icing on the cake !  :towel:

 

He did take some draws in some games I have seen...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Boy that would be icing on the cake !  :towel:

 

He did take some draws in some games I have seen...

Center isn't his favorite position, though.  18 months ago (2 years maybe) he was interviewed by the English language Moscow Times (I googled, but couldn't find the interview) but, paraphrasing, said that the Russian coaching system required the center to be almost a 3rd defenseman, the trailer on the offense and first man back on D.  He prefers the winger position, forecheck and puck retrieval, bang and crash, dish off then go for the tip in or rebound.

 

Green's system (?) might be different, ofc - he might take to it like a duck to water.  Who knows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's going to be interesting, but remember, this isn't a kid coming in straight from junior, he's got experience in the 2nd best league in the world, across 3 seasons. He's experienced in playing with and against men and has been holding his own in that league. I would not be surprised, with the style of game that he plays, to see him hit 15+ goals and 20 - 30 assists. This kid is a badger in the corners, never quits and his feet never stop moving.

 

I don't expect him to be the second coming of Bure or anything, but he's coming in as a 20 year old with quite of bit of professional and international experience.

 

Looking forward to seeing what he can do. 

Podkolzin 19, 6'2, 215 lead his team in scoring in KHL playoffs 16GP --G 6 - PTS 11

Plays gritty, skilled and plays a 200 foot game..

2021-22 GP 75 -- G 18-22 -PTS 46-50 Playing 2nd line.. 15 - 17 mins  -- 2nd unit PP

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wildcam said:

Podkolzin 19, 6'2, 215 lead his team in scoring in KHL playoffs 16GP --G 6 - PTS 11

Plays gritty, skilled and plays a 200 foot game..

2021-22 GP 75 -- G 18-22 -PTS 46-50 Playing 2nd line.. 15 - 17 mins  -- 2nd unit PP

Bold prediction. I like it. 

 

I'm going a more reserved route.

 

70gp -12g 12a

 

Starts on the 4th finishes on the 3rd. See a little 2nd line and 2nd pp time. 12mins a night av.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wildcam said:

Podkolzin 19, 6'2, 215 lead his team in scoring in KHL playoffs 16GP --G 6 - PTS 11

Plays gritty, skilled and plays a 200 foot game..

2021-22 GP 75 -- G 18-22 -PTS 46-50 Playing 2nd line.. 15 - 17 mins  -- 2nd unit PP

I sure hope so. But man, that's a lot of expectation to put on a guy in his first NHL season.

 

I have zero doubt Podz will be an important part of this team in the future. His playing style, skill and drive make that an inevitability in my mind. But I'm not so sure he puts up big numbers in his first year.

 

It's possible, of course, but unless something happens in the off-season, I'm just not sure I've seen enough to suggest he could tally those kinds of points yet.

 

Regardless, I absolutely love the kinds of guys Benning is acquiring. Heart and soul players that are the kind to give you their left arm during the playoffs. If we can get that kind of player throughout the lineup, it makes for a relentless and unending threat. That's something we haven't had since the last run.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think (and hope) podkolzin will become a good player, but my guess is offense will be slow to come next year despite an otherwise solid performance and the next raging debate that makes me want to bash my head into a wall will be "shoulda drafted caufield!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...