The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I like that they're considering it. I was hoping it'd be Tram, but that ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

Ovi?????

OVI! If we can get him clearly Schmidt would wanna stay. We've already got Beagle and Holtby. What even is a salary cap?

31 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Its obviously kucherov.

Only if he commits to changing beer sponsors. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I like that they're considering it. I was hoping it'd be Tram, but that ship has sailed.

OVI! If we can get him clearly Schmidt would wanna stay. We've already got Beagle and Holtby. What even is a salary cap?

Ovi would probably come here on a min contract cuz we have Hughes and Petey

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like Dmitry Kulikov, a UFA dman likely to find a cheap deal. Big strong, defensive minded dman who skates well and has been in North America since his junior days and has been noted to be a very good teammate. Not only fulfills JB's requirements but also would likely come at a fairly palatable price.

I would also keep an eye on Artem Anisimov (UFA), Vladislav Namestnikov (Detroit) or Ivan Barbashev (RFA) as potential targets as well as all in some way fit the role Benning would like in the bottom six as at center.

Kulikov would be interesting, as are the other names. Wouldn't wanna be giving any of em more than two or three years though, ideally two. 

5 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Ovi would probably come here on a min contract cuz we have Hughes and Petey

Nah, he's already helped one long-suffering franchise win their first cup. He's simply all heart. 

God, can’t wait for this kid to show up. His hustle and work ethic is going to significantly change how this team plays and how they are perceived. If he can improve his shot (watch Petey kid) and add a gear to his skating (talk to Bo kid) then we’ll really have something.

Release the Podz

After seeing a glimpse of him, I'm so incredibly excited to see him eventually slide into the line up.  I hope people understand there likely will be a period of adjustment and don't demand an immediate huge impact.  If Hoglander is any indicator, though, maybe that's not an unreasonable expectation?  We want those kinds of players...fearless, confident...just seem to love the game.  Not intimidated at all.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Anisimov is an interesting option as a 3rd line centre.  He has size and scored at 0.5 ppg last year.  But, he was also scratched by Ottawa. And is 33 years old.  A good 1 year try out to play with Pods.  Maybe he can squeeze out a couple more years in the NHL?

Be cheap for a year im okay with that tbh.

• Cheers 1

I don't think Anisimov got much left as a dependable 3C chipping in 30+ pts...  I'd just sign Kulikov who's a very steady D-man and speaks very good English to help Podz out! 

I know Gusev is a FA and could help out offense on Podz line too though he's a bit small and tends to be more on the minus side... 

15 hours ago, Googlie said:

Linden Vey speaks passable Russian  -  and he and Podz were put on the same line for the playoffs.  He played quite a big part in Podz' success.

Podz was taking English lessons before we drafted him, in anticipation to playing in the NHL…..Surely, he has made some progress.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mad Jon said:

Podz was taking English lessons before we drafted him, in anticipation to playing in the NHL…..Surely, he has made some progress.

His English is pretty good. - there was a clip from a sports gameshow that was posted here a few weeks ago where he was interviewing contestants in English

37 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

This would be one of the things I would want to know when considering drafting from Russia. Not a dealbreaker but it certainly shows some commitment that the player is serious about coming to the NHL. I wonder if anyone knows if Svechkov speaks any English or has taken any lessons.