The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You'd think someone in the Canucks organization would have shipped him a few Canucks logo items to wear and a tote bag to show off around St Petersburg 

Edited by Googlie

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

St Petersberg is a really beautiful city too. 

Yeah - I had a week there a few years back. My godson lives in Ekaterinburg,  and I had 3 weeks there, then we headed west for a week in Moscow and then to St.  Petersburg.  All 3 cities were pretty cool.  Experienced the worst traffic jams I'd seen in Moscow.  3 ring roads, and all were like a parking lot at 2 in the morning!!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

Yeah - I had a week there a few years back. My godson lives in Ekaterinburg,  and I had 3 weeks there, then we headed west for a week in Moscow and then to St.  Petersburg.  All 3 cities were pretty cool.  Experienced the worst traffic jams I'd seen in Moscow.  3 ring roads, and all were like a parking lot at 2 in the morning!!

I went with my dad about 20 years ago to Moscow and St. Pete. Moscow was very cool, that subway blew me away. St. Pete is like walking around a museum. 

• Cheers 1

On 7/21/2021 at 7:46 PM, Googlie said:

Vodka is a hell of a thing

On 7/23/2021 at 5:38 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just another example of the quality of people the Sedins are, and that goes for their wives as well. I remember that story about them volunteering to teach English to refugees, and I know they’ve also worked on child literacy and with special needs kids (not to mention their work with Children’s Hospital and Canuck Place, and the significant charitable donations they’ve made in the community). Just great people and any organization, or individual, is enriched simply by their proximity to the Sedin family, which of course now, once again, includes the Canucks organization, and all the players and staff, with the new management positions.

I think Podkolzin may be one to follow in their footsteps and benefit from the high example set by the twins (and their wives). I remember reading about how Podkolzin was delivering meals to families in need during the pandemic, and how he’s always been active in his community and made service and giving back a part of his life. From everything I’ve heard and read, he’s just a quality kid with high character, who “gets it” and understands how blessed he is to be making a living as an athlete, and wants to do his part to help others who’ve not been so fortunate in their lives.

I really think that once he gets comfortable here, and finds his bearings, he’s going quickly show himself to be part of the next generation of Canucks players who will make us very proud, with their efforts on and off the ice. :) 

Not related to Virtanen then I presume

On 5/26/2021 at 6:34 AM, Alflives said:

What about playing Pods as third line centre?  Big, strong, fast, skilled, super smart, high compete, and a defensively responsible guy.  

Thats it!  Pods is now our third line centre.  

I'm not ruling out the possibility of one day moving him to C but starting him at C in the NHL would not be wise.

4 hours ago, hammertime said:

I'm not ruling out the possibility of one day moving him to C but starting him at C in the NHL would not be wise.

Exactly. Lines next season should be:

Miller - Petey - Boeser 

Podz - Horvat - Garland 

Pearson - Dickinson - Hogz

Highmore - MacEwen/UFA 4C - Motte

13th: MacEwen 

Let the Lotto Line do what it does against the other teams best match up line, Line 2 can tenaciously dominate the other teams 2nd line, Line 3 can match up against the other teams best and Line 4 can out run most lines on the other team and wreak havoc while adding scoring. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Exactly. Lines next season should be:

Miller - Petey - Boeser 

Podz - Horvat - Garland 

Pearson - Dickinson - Hogz

Highmore - MacEwen/UFA 4C - Motte

13th: MacEwen 

Let the Lotto Line do what it does against the other teams best match up line, Line 2 can tenaciously dominate the other teams 2nd line, Line 3 can match up against the other teams best and Line 4 can out run most lines on the other team and wreak havoc while adding scoring. 

I'd prefer:

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson/Hoglander, Horvat, Garland

Pearson/Hoglander, TRADE, Podkolzin

Highmore, Dickenson, Motte

OEL, Myers/Hakanpaa

Hughes, Hamonic

Juolevi/Rathbone, Myers/Hakanpaa

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd prefer:

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson/Hoglander, Horvat, Garland

Pearson/Hoglander, TRADE, Podkolzin

Highmore, Dickenson, Motte

OEL, Myers/Hakanpaa

Hughes, Hamonic

Juolevi/Rathbone, Myers/Hakanpaa

TRADE can put up some pretty good  numbers, but I worry about how often he turns the puck over. His FO percentage leaves something to be desired as well.

• Cheers 1