The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

I came across this that I thought would get some people excited for Sept

I remember watching this, seeing him snipe, seeing him fight, and thinking: holy crap, this guy is like Petey and Bo and Ferland in one! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Very excited to see how he performs this upcoming training camp. He seems to be in great shape. Has a great motor, utilizes his playmaking and shot well, and his forechecking and backchecking is absolutely off the charts. Can’t wait to see him finally hit the ice in blue and green! Go Podz!

• Cheers 4

On 7/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, Jester13 said:

I remember watching this, seeing him snipe, seeing him fight, and thinking: holy crap, this guy is like Petey and Bo and Ferland in one! 

He’s like a Russian tkachuk 

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2021 at 4:35 AM, FaninMex said:

Cool video.  
I love how the kid goes to the net.  
Half of that video he was making moves in the tough areas of the ice with daily little issue.  
That’s a tough kid right there. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I really hope that's the line they go with.  

My gut tells me that's where they'll start. A lot of posters have Garland bumping Pearson from Bo's line, but I think Green will go with the established chemistry between Bo and TP, and that Nils will start the season with Dickinson and Podkolzin.  For sure that'd be a fun line to watch, and hard to play against.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 7/29/2021 at 4:35 AM, FaninMex said:

Going to call it now...

Podkolzin will have an impact like that of Brock Boeser.  He's going to deliver 25+ goals and 25+ assists while barreling over unsuspecting d-men.  This man-child is a lion and will blow the doors off opposing teams and will be a serious Calder candidate.  He was touted as a top five pick in his class and he will prove that to be correct.

I'm super stoked about what Podkolzin brings to the roster.  Can't wait for the season to start.

• Upvote 1

His size, strength and body positioning is great, he usually skates away with the puck, or delivers a punishing hit.

A line of:

Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

could be pretty tough to play against. I hope they move Pearson down to the 3rd line.

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1