Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

His size, strength and body positioning is great, he usually skates away with the puck, or delivers a punishing hit.

 

A line of:

 

Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

 

could be pretty tough to play against. I hope they move Pearson down to the 3rd line.

 

 

 

Don't think he's bumping Garland off that 2nd line.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Honeydew said:

Don't think he's bumping Garland off that 2nd line.

probably not. I do think we'll see them on occasion tho, depending on who's on the PP or PK and who ends up on a shift together after that. 

 

Green likes to mix it up so I think we'll see a lot of interesting lines this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I can see us going with Miller at centre.

Podzilla, Alien, Flow

Hogs, Ox, Tinsel 

TP, Grinder, Woody

Motts, Balls, Dicky

 

 

I'm trying to translate:

 

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser - easy enough

Hoglander Horvat Garland - Garland equals Tinsel?

Pearson Miller Lockwood - just shooting in the dark

Motte Sutter Dickinson - Balls equals Sutter?

 

Here's my try with Miller at Centre (which I really hope they try):
 

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser

Hoglander Miller Garland

Pearson Horvat Bailey

Motte Sutter Dickinson

 

I think it's time to give Bailey a real shot.

If it all worked this would be a dynamite forward group.

 

 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I can see us going with Miller at centre.

Podzilla, Alien, Flow

Hogs, Ox, Tinsel 

TP, Grinder, Woody

Motts, Balls, Dicky

 

 

Alf, why are you turning JT into a 3rd line grinder?  He's a1st line point getter.  Do you think Pete is ready to be a #1C?

Podz becomes a 1st line LW, after spending last year on the 3rd and 4th lines KHL?  Who is Woody?

 

Why Alf...why????

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Alf, why are you turning JT into a 3rd line grinder?  He's a1st line point getter.  Do you think Pete is ready to be a #1C?

Podz becomes a 1st line LW, after spending last year on the 3rd and 4th lines KHL?  Who is Woody?

 

Why Alf...why????

Why you ask?  Vodka, that’s why. 

image.jpeg.d28cbb1097d16541a163e9f6ec40c906.jpeg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

His size, strength and body positioning is great, he usually skates away with the puck, or delivers a punishing hit.

 

A line of:

 

Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

 

could be pretty tough to play against. I hope they move Pearson down to the 3rd line.

 

 

 

For quite a while I figured Pearson- Bo- Podz......but since the OEL bombshell

                                         Pearson- Bo-Garland

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I can see us going with Miller at centre.

Podzilla, Alien, Flow

Hogs, Ox, Tinsel 

TP, Grinder, Woody

Motts, Balls, Dicky

 

 

Thats so not happening!  (just one exclamation mark)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

That's a dirty bottom 6


Dicky Motzaballs…sounds like an Italian hit man. That’s a 4th line that will turn a brave man’s knees to jelly.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Honeydew said:

Don't think he's bumping Garland off that 2nd line.

oh yeah, forgot about Garland. That 3rd line should be pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

probably not. I do think we'll see them on occasion tho, depending on who's on the PP or PK and who ends up on a shift together after that. 

 

Green likes to mix it up so I think we'll see a lot of interesting lines this year. 

Ya green has some great winger optionality this year based on who's going. Now he has some guys on the third line that can legitimately be bumped up on injuries or to go with the hot hands. A third line of Pearson Dickenson Podz could be quite a challenging group to play against. All very defensively responsible, all have some good hands, and if Podz shows he has the ability to lead that group offensively you have "almost" a 2b line.

 

Should be a fun season!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I can see us going with Miller at centre.

Podzilla, Alien, Flow

Hogs, Ox, Tinsel 

TP, Grinder, Woody

Motts, Balls, Dicky

 

 

Alfie where the heck do you come up with all these nicknames?  :lol:

 

What about Pizza?  Aquilini may want him around the rink if he gets hungry...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cromeslab said:

Can’t wait to see what Podz can do

I hope everyone tempers their expectations at the start as it will likely take him some time to get familiar with his team mates, systems and living in a foreign country. We probably will have a lot better idea by the time Christmas rolls around on just how good he may be.

 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I hope everyone tempers their expectations at the start as it will likely take him some time to get familiar with his team mates, systems and living in a foreign country. We probably will have a lot better idea by the time Christmas rolls around on just how good he may be.

 

Thankfully, I think with all the changes, Podkolzin is going to get a fair amount of cover, with the fans having lots of other players to focus their attention on, both positively and negatively. If our roster was largely unchanged, and Pod was the only notable new piece, I’d imagine there’d be a much bigger spotlight on him.

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cat Man said:

For quite a while I figured Pearson- Bo- Podz......but since the OEL bombshell

                                         Pearson- Bo-Garland

I like both Podz and Hogs more than Pearson for the 2nd line. Can’t see Pearson beating out both our young guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...