The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

I think ?Green needs to balance our lines.  Put Pods with Petey and Bess.  Use Miller as a centre, and have three more balanced lines.  Petey, Bess, Miller, and Garland will get a lot of extra cherry minutes on the PP.  

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think ?Green needs to balance our lines.  Put Pods with Petey and Bess.  Use Miller as a centre, and have three more balanced lines.  Petey, Bess, Miller, and Garland will get a lot of extra cherry minutes on the PP.  

I agree. Create 3 lines that have the ability to push the play, roll them equally, and make sure Petey has someone like Podz or Gadz to make sure no one messes with him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Googlie said:

Petey's not (yet) good enough in the face off circle to anchor a line on his own. If you take Miller away, you'll need to substitute Sutter or Dickinson as the winger (or MacEwen, and he hasn't earned top line status so far)

You don't think Podz and Hoagie together can drive a 3rd line?  I just watched Nill's comments after the trade and he is really high on Dickinson.  If he plays with Hoglander and Podkolzin that line will be dynamite  -  the opposition might never see the puck!!

That changes this season.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Whorvat said:

That changes this season.

I should hope so.  I remember, about 10 games or so into his rookie season, he said faceoffs was the #1 thing he was focusing on in practice. Hasn't paid dividends as of yet, so here's hoping he has been able to work on it during the off season.  Losing Manny might turn out to be a bigger loss than we thought at the time.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Let the kid get his feet wet in the league on the third line.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Googlie said:

Petey's not (yet) good enough in the face off circle to anchor a line on his own. If you take Miller away, you'll need to substitute Sutter or Dickinson as the winger (or MacEwen, and he hasn't earned top line status so far)

You don't think Podz and Hoagie together can drive a 3rd line?  I just watched Nill's comments after the trade and he is really high on Dickinson.  If he plays with Hoglander and Podkolzin that line will be dynamite  -  the opposition might never see the puck!!

If Petey wants to get 7 - 8 million, he better learn to anchor a line on his own. LOL EP40 "elite" hahahaha but yet needs somebody to drive the line for him. Great players can dictate play. They don't need someone else to prop them up

Edited by filthycanuck
  • Wat 1

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

If Petey wants to get 7 - 8 million, he better learn to anchor a line on his own. LOL EP40 "elite" hahahaha but yet needs somebody to drive the line for him. Great players can dictate play. They don't need someone else to prop them up

While I don't necessarily disagree with your overall sentiment, Pettersson 100% drives whatever line he is on. Not being great at face-offs has nothing to do with driving play after that 2 second event.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sp3nny said:

While I don't necessarily disagree with your overall sentiment, Pettersson 100% drives whatever line he is on. Not being great at face-offs has nothing to do with driving play after that 2 second event.

Honestly I thought he’s just been sleeping since Peteys been here

6 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Ok, this kid has been listed anywhere from 6 foot to 6"4 which clearly he is not. Do we have a definitive height?

KHL has him at 192cm 92 Kg. When you say it in metric he sounds taller and lighter. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

even if its a little exaggerated he's still a big strong kid, hasn't put on the man weight yet. 

Yeah 20 years old... still putting on strength... will probably add another 15-20lbs... I have wished for this a loooong time now.

• Like 1