The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Well Petey Miller and browser were pinned in their own end lots. Replace Miller with a player with less than 60 games... It's not going to be pretty. 

Miller has been out leading scorer since landing here. I don't understand the obsession with moving him to the third line.

Move Petey and Boeser to a third line with Pods.  Call miller’s group the first line.  Miller will collect a lot of points and minutes on the PP playing with Petey and Bess.  

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Or how about this

Dickenson Sutter Highmore

Motte Miller Garland

Pearson Horvat Podkolzin

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

1c on our fourth line.  Depth bro.

Sure label the lines whatever.  It’s ultimately minutes and matchups that determine which line a guy is playing on.  

Dickinson with his five on five minutes added to his PK minutes will like be a top three forward for minutes in a lot of games.  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Move Petey and Boeser to a third line with Pods.  Call miller’s group the first line.  Miller will collect a lot of points and minutes on the PP playing with Petey and Bess.  

Ive always liked the potential of that line, but Hogz Petey and Pods is one mean 3rd line.  More like a 2b with the potential to be the #1 line.  What does that line not have?  It’s got it all. Reminds me of great chemistry lines in the past like the West Coast Express and the Life Line. (Courtnal Ronning Linden).  It’s not always about putting your best players on the top line, it’s about finding the right chemistry.  More like Pearson Dickinson and Garland would be the 3rd line.   The top 3 lines could look something like this.  

Miller -Horvat - Boeser 

Hoglander - Petey - Podz

Pearson - Dickinson - Garland. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Podkolzin

Motte Miller Garland 

Dickenson Sutter Highmore 

MacEwan 

If we REALLY. have to think of Miller as a center, which I am against, but will do this time:

HÖGLANDER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

PEARSON - MILLER - GARLAND

MOTTE - HORVAT - PODKOLZIN

DICKINSON - SUTTER - HIGHMORE

MacEwen

But I do not agree with Miller as a center.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

If we REALLY. have to think of Miller as a center, which I am against, but will do this time:

HÖGLANDER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

PEARSON - MILLER - GARLAND

MOTTE - HORVAT - PODKOLZIN

DICKINSON - SUTTER - HIGHMORE

MacEwen

But I do not agree with Miller as a center.

I can't see good any reason to disagree with it.  Not if it can give us three lines that strong!

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sure label the lines whatever.  It’s ultimately minutes and matchups that determine which line a guy is playing on.  

Dickinson with his five on five minutes added to his PK minutes will like be a top three forward for minutes in a lot of games.  

Id want to see a Motte Miller Podz 3rd line, but its going to be deployed like they are a 2nd line B. We've seen in these past 2 playoffs that you don't win being top heavy or even top 2 lines heavy, the 3rd line is going to matter. JT can carry a line on his own as we;ve seen in the tail end of last season. He's good in faceoffs, he plays a heavy game that he checks that box in the job description, and skilled enough to make a regular contribution. Add to that, Motte has proven enough that he deserves a shot up the lineup, not just pegged as a 4th line guy

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Placing Miller between 2 bottom 6 players will hinder our 5v5 scoring. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 3

Why can't I get rid of this ^^^ whatever.  Old news.

I like this line from Benning....it'll ring true I'm sure.  Our team's looking pretty exciting to play with and it's a shame that Petey and Quinn are missing out on some of the bonding that happens before the season starts.  Although I hear Petey's in town...so that's good.  

We’ve got a bunch of good shooters who are going to want to play with Vasily because he will get in on the forecheck and get the puck for them.”

• Like 2

Did they weigh in at Rookie Camp?  I'm not seeing updates.  He looks bigger than 190 in the interview.

He certainly looks physically ready.  We'll see thru main camp how he does with NHL players

Elite has him at 6-4 203,  Wikki 6-1 203

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Cheers 1