The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

time to get rid of the whole scouting and upper management

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

3 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

the canucks for years are just squeezing by ..you  need to draft well and i think this scouting team is very poor...you cant get competitive when you have poor drafts and take chances on local talent...newhook will show the rest of the nhl that he was a steal...time will tell..sackic knows good talent...

Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, Madden, Demko, Woo etc. etc.??? Time to get rid of the scouts? Are you delusional or maybe drugged out of your mind because if anything the scouts are the only reason this team even has a future. Podkolzin is a top 3 players in this draft and that was the projection, he dropped only because of his 2 year contract in the KHL. Am actually very happy with this year's draft and hope they extend the contracts for our scouts. If you think we have had poor drafting so far, you need to switch to another sport.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

the canucks for years are just squeezing by ..you  need to draft well and i think this scouting team is very poor...you cant get competitive when you have poor drafts and take chances on local talent...newhook will show the rest of the nhl that he was a steal...time will tell..sackic knows good talent...

oh my god wow GIF

@Hockeygod77 just trying to carve out a niche for himself amongst the all time great troll meisters on CDC.

Young felliow, it takes more than a few posts to be in that conversation. To measure up to Clutch, Desi Boy and some of the other all time greats takes persistence and stamina.

You can’t just post crap for a few weeks like Fedor Fedorov, and then disappear.

Do you have the stomach for this?

8A54CDB0-E9F2-4158-AA48-99FD59FAC960.jpeg

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Haha 4

Sweet Jesus, and I thought some Hawks fans were being irrational about the Kirby Dach pick.

Your team just had a player win the Calder, and probably have another Calder candidate next year in Quinn Hughes.  Yet, you want to whole scouting staff fired without even seeing their next 1st round pick play a single game?  

That's like 18 different varieties of delicious!

Edited by skolozsy2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Does the 77 represent your IQ?

I wish it represented our draft pick, Kirby Dach ( #77). I was low on him through the start of the year until playoffs against Prince Albert where he was unreal every night. Knows how to play hard under pressure. Chicago got s good one today boys.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

hockeygod77 I wholeheartedly agree with you! Scouting and upper management are clueless. The sooner they get back to 2007 to 2012 selection standards the better off this team will be.

Who is this Benning clown anyway?   :picard:

sarcasm.jpeg.85f3e5fc8621e1365a5f5e29d54ae0e4.jpeg

Edited by canuckpuckluck15
typo

On 4/16/2019 at 12:19 PM, hockeygod77 said:

WELL DONT  BE BOO HOO BOO HOO WHEN YOU HAVE ANOTHER MEDICORE REBUILD SEASON...YOU NEED PLAYERS THAT ARE STRONG ON THE PUCK ...FINISH THEIR CHECKS CYCLE WELL AND HAVE MEAN STREAK ..WITH THE SKILLED GUYS  HAVING SOME OF THESE TRAITS....CANUCKS ARE 5 PLAYERS AWAY FROM BEING VERY GOOD IF THEY PICK THE CORRECT GUYS OR SIGN .....FOR THE FUTURE ENOUGH OK..GET OUTHOUSE NEWHOOK TRADE SOME PROSPECTS FOR UPGRADE ...

I think we should trust what the OP says. He seems on the level.

• Cheers 1

This is the guy who has been pushing strictly for players that have played for a Victoria based team at some point in their careers. The names he constantly mentions are here in my post below from a few months back. 

On 4/17/2019 at 10:56 PM, Pepe Silvia said:

Ah, I've cracked the code. All the players you've mentioned.

Tyler Bozak, played for the Victoria Salsa/Grizzlies
Joe Hicketts, played for the Victoria Royals
Jamie Benn, played for the Victoria Salsa/Grizzlies
Griffen Outhouse, plays for the Victoria Royals
Alex Newhook, plays for the Victoria Grizzlies

So really all you want is for us to go after any players that currently, or have at one point played for a Victoria based hockey team.

So OP, any chance you live in Victoria?

• Upvote 1