The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

time to get rid of the whole scouting and upper management

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Absolutely... so your “gut” says we got it wrong even though virtually the entire hockey universe had Podz as a top five talent?  That’s ok your entitled to your opinion.  Personally Ive learned my lesson after wanting Glass or Valardi, and then Bouchard (although I’m not certain that would have been a mistake).  Burke called it a steal, and that he’s ready now, the rest at ten weren’t coming to play for two or three years anyways...decent chance he will already be a star like Panarin was before he even gets here...

More than likely not 

http://www.mynhldraft.com/nhl-draft-picks/10th-overall/100509/

Glad you weren’t drafting for us..... :)  I didn’t want any of those guys, and I didn’t want Virtanen or Juolevi, and I don’t think Podkolzin is going to be a great player.  Hopefully he proves me wrong.  However I called Nylander/Ehlers, Boeser, Petey, Tkachuk, and now Zegras

Edited by mpt
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mpt said:

More than likely not 

http://www.mynhldraft.com/nhl-draft-picks/10th-overall/100509/

Glad you weren’t drafting for us..... :)  I didn’t want any of those guys, and I didn’t want Virtanen or Juolevi, and I don’t think Podkolzin is going to be a great player.  Hopefully he proves me wrong.  However I called Nylander/Ehlers, Boeser, Petey, Tkachuk, and now Zegras

Sooo...Basically you call the best player available each time?  Maybe you SHOULD be drafting...Zegras wasn’t available so tell me who would have you picked at ten so we can re-visit one pick that’s actually made at the same time of the draft.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

the canucks for years are just squeezing by ..you  need to draft well and i think this scouting team is very poor...you cant get competitive when you have poor drafts and take chances on local talent...newhook will show the rest of the nhl that he was a steal...time will tell..sackic knows good talent...

Go forth and multiply

27 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Sooo...Basically you call the best player available each time?  Maybe you SHOULD be drafting...Zegras wasn’t available so tell me who would have you picked at ten so we can re-visit one pick that’s actually made at the same time of the draft.

I think it was really Zegras or bust at that pick.  Do anything to trade up with Detroit, or likely would have traded down at that point.

But if you want to play this game, I think Boldy will be a better NHL player than Podkolzin; but I don’t love him either.  I really would have moved the pick at that point,

Arizona was willing to move up

Edited by mpt

6 minutes ago, mpt said:

I think it was really Zegras or bust at that pick.  Do anything to trade up with Detroit, or likely would have traded down at that point.

But if you want to play this game, I think Boldy will be a better NHL player than Podkolzin; but I don’t love him either.  I really would have moved the pick at that point,

Arizona was willing to move up

Boldy was my guy or Broberg or Seider...didn’t like Soderstrom as much. Posted nine hours before the draft that if Podz was available we’d have to take him though, he’s just on a different level..guess we have to wait to find out...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Boldy was my guy or Broberg or Seider...didn’t like Soderstrom as much. Posted nine hours before the draft that if Podz was available we’d have to take him though, he’s just on a different level..guess we have to wait to find out...

100% agree, I really hope he proves me wrong as I obviously want this team to succeed. 

I found this interesting video about Podz

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, mpt said:

100% agree, I really hope he proves me wrong as I obviously want this team to succeed. 

I found this interesting video about Podz

Good video....too bad he doesn’t play LW as he’d be a great fit for EP and Boeser, exactly what that line needs a “lion” that will “get you” if you have the puck, and do all the board work with ease, plus score goals.  Reminds me of Forsberg with the “get you” aspect, not the same of course.   Man two more years of development and this guy is going to be awesome...

• Upvote 2

• -SN- locked this topic