The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Patrick Marleau, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick, 2020 7th-round pick to Hurricanes for 2020 6th-round pick

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Maple Leafs trade Patrick Marleau, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick, 2020 7th-round pick to Hurricanes for 2020 6th-round pick
1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

NO FRIGGIN KIDDING!

No first round picks for Leafs 2019 and 2020.  Cap not going up.  Marner likely getting offer sheet.  Only one D man who can actually defend - Muzzin.  I can see why Dubas wanted top ten pick protection for that 2020 first.  

• Upvote 1

Not happy about this at all... this is the exact type of deal we should be trying to make.. getting a 2nd 1st for next year opens up all possibilities for pursuing a trade for a top 4 dman... or keep the 2 picks and be laughing at the draft.. we should have been making these kind of moves for the last 4 years

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

No first round picks for Leafs 2019 and 2020.  Cap not going up.  Marner likely getting offer sheet.  Only one D man who can actually defend - Muzzin.  I can see why Dubas wanted top ten pick protection for that 2020 first.  

It is a good 6M dollar investment for Carolina, Alf

IMO, we at CDC have to be a lot more vocal on supporting these types of deals

The Radio's then talk about it

and Aqualini and Benning hear about the support...……….

Can't say it will make it happens, but it improves the odds

Teams are respond to their fan bases

39 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

GMJB out GMed. :P

I don't think he got out gmed.

I believe Marleau agreed to the Carolina deal because they were going to buy him out, leaving him open to re-sign with whomever he wishes.

I think JB would've played him next season seeing as we have the cap space to keep him. 

1 minute ago, komodo0921 said:

I don't think he got out gmed.

I believe Marleau agreed to the Carolina deal because they were going to buy him out, leaving him open to re-sign with whomever he wishes.

I think JB would've played him next season seeing as we have the cap space to keep him. 

WELL, AS A BENNING SUPPORTER

I AM PISSED AT HIM

OF COURSE HE WANTS TO BE BOUGHT OUT, WHO CARES! IT IS A GOOD 1ST IN A DEEP DRAFT

YES, I AM YELLING

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Marleau has a NTC. He could have rejected the trade to van. We dont know.

Any team can buy him out.  Per Friedman he expects to be bought out by Carolina and then hopes to sign with San Jose - SJS doesn't have much cap space.  

Vancouver would have been much closer to San Jose.  His family moved back to California and he asked to be traded back West.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Any team can buy him out.  Per Friedman he expects to be bought out by Carolina and then hopes to sign with San Jose - SJS doesn't have much cap space.  

Vancouver would have been much closer to San Jose.  His family moved back to California and he asked to be traded back West.  

Buy we would have played him instead of buying him out at full cap hit.

55 minutes ago, Guile said:

Friedman suggests the Canes will buy him out, and that he might return to San Jose on a short term cheap deal. Similar to what Perry likely does.

And here I thought he just wanted to go to a team with a better shot at the Cup ::D