The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

15 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I'm actually quite shocked and somewhat concerned we got no defenceman this year.

JB has consistently said young, mobile defenceman are the hardest asset to acquire and then he goes out and gets exactly - None! 

If he's got a plan I guess I have to trust him.  

Juolevi, woo and Rathbone are 3 big reasons to draft forwards

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, coryberg said:

You both know nothing about the odds of either player so do yourselves a favor and give it a few years.

Yup, it's getting old. This Mikey fella is a terrible fan lol. Alf, I expected better....nvm not really..lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Played in the SHL one year earlier than EP40, while being a smaller guy.  Nowhere near the impact, but still.very impressive.  

Likely got the chance because Rogle was a bit of a basement dweller in the SHL. They finished second last in 2017 and fourth last in 2018. They kinda became a mid-pack team this year with a 6th last finish. 

Probably for the best that he was on a poor team and didn't light it up since he fell to us at 40. ^_^

47 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Hughes and Tram are two more.

Hughes, Juolevi, Woo, Tryamkin, Rathbone, Stecher, Rafferty, Brisebois and Chatfield

Good depth of quality defensemen prospects.

Hughes-Woo

Juolevi-Stecher

Tryamkin-Rafferty

Rathbone-Chatfield

Hoglander is Jonny Gaudreau 2.0. Elite skill and speed.  His edge work is impeccable, and that’s not even the best part of his game.  This kid can break ankles, his hands are lightning quick.  I can see him being a big part of this young core after 1 more year in the SHL.  

E140755C-21F7-4706-932D-CB904DC6B3AC.jpeg

A7E06EAE-AE09-4EC2-8310-F97130E79E3B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

Bold prediction: He'll crack the roster in the 2020-2021 season. One more year in Sweden and then he'll come over to Vancouver. I LOVE this pick. And this is a reason why the Canucks need more Second Round picks is because of guys like this. I feel like he's gonna be a "player" as Benning used to say about prospects back in the day.

He’ll be playing for the Canucks before Pod. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Hoglander is Jonny Gaudreau 2.0. Elite skill and speed.  His edge work is impeccable, and that’s not even the best part of his game.  This kid can break ankles, his hands are lightning quick.  I can see him being a big part of this young core after 1 more year in the SHL.  

E140755C-21F7-4706-932D-CB904DC6B3AC.jpeg

A7E06EAE-AE09-4EC2-8310-F97130E79E3B.jpeg

A few big differences, hoglander isn't a perimeter player but he doesn't have Johnny hockey's vision. His ceiling is high, super stoked on this.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nergish said:

I like it.

Feels like a Dahlen reset, without the entitlement issues.

Been a fan of his for a while, always seemed like a JB player.

Absolutely sick hands.

Did he grow though? I thought he was 5'9. Not great size.

I mean, Dahlen was getting pushed around a bit in the AHL... he's 5'11.

This guy is stocky, Dahlen was slender. This guy is quick and skilled, Dahlen was skilled and not so quick. Dahlen was a peripheral player, this guy, apparently is gritty. We’ll see.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

A few big differences, hoglander isn't a perimeter player but he doesn't have Johnny hockey's vision. His ceiling is high, super stoked on this.

Going through some mock drafts, and Hoglander was a late first in most.  JB did really well, especially with our first three picks, getting value for where he picked.  

Podkolzin was a top 5 we got at 10

Hoglander was late 20’s we got at 40

Keppen was 80’s we got at 122

After pick 20 Guys go all over the place, but getting Podkolzin at ten was huge.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Going through some mock drafts, and Hoglander was a late first in most.  JB did really well, especially with our first three picks, getting value for where he picked.  

Podkolzin was a top 5 we got at 10

Hoglander was late 20’s we got at 40

Keppen was 80’s we got at 122

After pick 20 Guys go all over the place, but getting Podkolzin at ten was huge.  

I had hoglander at 21. Surprised he was there for sure. Especially after a killer combine.

• Like 1