The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

44 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Hoglander just has a "knack" for positioning himself well.  He's the most consistent player on the forecheck at disrupting the opposition and stealing pucks by far.  His work ethic is amazing yes, but he often seems to know where to place his stick to block an outlet pass or just disrupt the puck carrier's ability to move the puck.

I'm not sure if Hoglander will become a top point producer in the NHL, but he has tremendous skills and instincts which bode well for his future.  He's the kind of player that can probably play anywhere in the line-up and with pretty much anyone just because he does many useful things well. 

So funny to think that around Halloween I was listening to his SHL coach say "he's not ready for the NHL".

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Hoglander just has a "knack" for positioning himself well.  He's the most consistent player on the forecheck at disrupting the opposition and stealing pucks by far.  His work ethic is amazing yes, but he often seems to know where to place his stick to block an outlet pass or just disrupt the puck carrier's ability to move the puck.

I'm not sure if Hoglander will become a top point producer in the NHL, but he has tremendous skills and instincts which bode well for his future.  He's the kind of player that can probably play anywhere in the line-up and with pretty much anyone just because he does many useful things well. 

He might, if he got into the first power play unit. But, is there a spot for him? When healthy, EP, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, Pearson, for forwards and QH or JR on D.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

good for him, he's got nothing to prove. 

This years rosters are even worse than normal years too.

No top end players are making the trip over there unless they already live in that area.

Hoglander has also played a lot of hockey this season. More valuable to rest up and have a full summer of training.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2021 at 10:30 AM, TNucks1 said:

I forgot how many steals he had. That ability could really help our PK. I think I remember Shaw saying that he wants the Canucks to try playing in the O zone for as much as possible. Hogz could really be apart of that process.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...