The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

20 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Actual scouts say Caufield is a good skater. Not sure why you keep making that up lol.

It's because he doesn't like small players. Anything he says about a small player needs to be filtered through that prejudice.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I feel confident in saying that if Hoglander was in the US develpment program he would have gone top 20.  Combine European with small and you drop.  He looks fearless and skilled and confident and determined.  I think he, Hughes, Podkolzin, Madden, Woo, Peterson, Dipietro, Gaudette were steals at their draft place.  I am hoping to say the same thing about Rathbone, Keppen, Lind, and Utunen.  

I am pumped about the next 10 years of the club.

Not to mention Boeser :) Complete steal !

• Upvote 1

I guess you can look at the fact JB drafted two first rounders so to part with one in the JT Miller trade isn't that bad?  That's what I try to tell myself as I weep feverishly in the corner.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I guess you can look at the fact JB drafted two first rounders so to part with one in the JT Miller trade isn't that bad?  That's what I try to tell myself as I weep feverishly in the corner.  

That's kind of how I see it as well, the Draft

Round 1 - Pod and Hog

Rounds 2 to 7 - The Others (who will never play for the Canucks) 

;) but really, it's the top 2 picks we should be most exccited about anyway. 

Personally, I just don't dwell on things. Everything happens for a reason, usually multiple reasons. The GM's aren't dumb

I think we're just not used to pulling a major trigger like what we did a couple of days ago. I mean, arguably the last time we really had something like this happen was probably when we traded for Luongo. If not that, then when we drafted the Sedins. It's been a long time.

Given our team's projection over the next couple of years, I would say the most likely scenario is the pick isn't a lottery pick. Perhaps it may seem like a bold prediction as people here seem to expect the worst all the time but we only need to be above half the teams in the league for that to happen and, if last year's any indication, we have a lot more drive in games than a lot of other teams.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 4

This kid sure doesn't lack confidence, looks a bit cocky to be honest. In the best possible way though. I like some personality on the ice. 

Hopefully he plays a bigger role on his team next year, really excited for him. 

Where would you guys slip in him when ranking our forward prospects?

Podkolzin
Hoglander
MacEwen
Madden
Karlsson
Lind
Gadjovich

You keep weeping in the corner. Acquiring a big, young, proven top-6 power forward to skate on Petey's wing is obviously something that any "realistic fan" is crying over now. Much better to save all the draft picks until we have enough to retire on, right?

I say we give Gaudette a chance on left wing.  I think he’s a top 6 talent floundering on the bottom 6.  

JT Miller Pettersson Boeser

Gaudette Horvat Jake Virtanen 

those should be your top 6, Baer has too many concussions and I think Virtanen is going to have a breakout year.  

Massive work needs to be done to our bottom 6 I don’t even want to go there.  Wouldn’t know where to begin. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

This kid sure doesn't lack confidence, looks a bit cocky to be honest. In the best possible way though. I like some personality on the ice. 

Podkolzin
Hoglander
MacEwen
Madden
Karlsson
Lind
Gadjovich

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Woo

Juolevi

MacEwen

Madden

Eliot

Lockwood

Lind

Karlsson

Gadjovich

Rathbone

Hoping Lind and Gadjovich have monster years and lots of Ice Time.  

Edited by Pure961089

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Today’s Podkolzin Birthday. 18!  That’s why he left to go back to Russia so early lol.   The Geniuses on TSN haven’t figured that out yet.  

He WoUlD rAtHeR sPeNd HiS bIrThDaY wItH hIs FaMiLy ThAn ThE tEaM tHaT jUsT dRaFtEd HiM. tHe RuSsIaN fAcToR iS rEaL

2 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Podkolzin
Hoglander
MacEwen
Madden
Karlsson
Lind
Gadjovich

Podz 

Hog 

Juolevi

Woo 

Madden 

Lockwood

Rathbone 

Karlsson 

Lind 

Eliot

Gadjovich 

MacEwan 

3 through 5 are pretty much interchangeable at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

you also get a 15 OA with JT...3 first rounders in 2019...

And JTM is in his prime.  The other two will be contributing in two years.  If that first we gave up is the 20th selection in 2021, that player will Lille not be playing for Tampa until 2025.  That’s a huge win for us IMO.  We need to support our young core players now, and have young guys coming up over the next two to three seasons pushing for spots.  We are going to be one heck of a team from 2020 to 2027.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And JTM is in his prime.  The other two will be contributing in two years.  If that first we gave up is the 20th selection in 2021, that player will Lille not be playing for Tampa until 2025.  That’s a huge win for us IMO.  We need to support our young core players now, and have young guys coming up over the next two to three seasons pushing for spots.  We are going to be one heck of a team from 2020 to 2027.  

I thing a lot of so called "experts" do not know what kind of value JTM will bring (JB got this one right)....they would rather applaud dumbass for giving away a 1st round pick (in order to shed a player that he signed), so that he can sign Marner...Canucks are in stealth mode in their rebuild...I'm thinking now the handcuffs are off with not having to deal with the "over the hill" veteran players anymore (LE is almost gone...the last to go) because the new core is young, fast, skilled, stronger.and producing..can't wait until Lind, Gadjovich, Hoglander and Podz develop and make the team in a couple more years when more veterans will be ready to move on.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Podz 

Hog 

Juolevi

Woo 

Madden 

Lockwood

Rathbone 

Karlsson 

Lind 

Eliot

Gadjovich 

MacEwan 

3 through 5 are pretty much interchangeable at this point. 

I'd switch Lockwood and Rathbone and put Karlsson below Lind at least. Otherwise, I agree with this ranking.