The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

8 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Some posters demonstrate their love for the team by crapping on various members of the organization. I believe they call themselves "realistic fans".

Certainly not the Pom Pom shakers some aspire to :lol:

Edited by Fred65

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

If you read the title of the thread carefully, you'd realize that Jake's name is not in the title and it has nothing to do with him.

IMO, yammering on endlessly about how lazy Jake is, how incompetent JB is, or what a huge bust OJ is, especially in threads unrelated to the person being crapped on, is indeed bashing, no?

Wow. Neither of us called Jake lazy, we said he did not consistently compete. Neither of us even mentioned Benning, never mind him being incompetent. I have never said Juolevi is a bust in this or any other thread, I did note that he had trouble pivoting to the left likely due to injury. So, maybe you are the one who should learn to read and stop yammering before you say something even more stupid than you already have. And, the reference to Virtanen grew out of a comparison with Hoglander. Are comparison and contrast now forbidden on this site?

8 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

If you read the title of the thread carefully, you'd realize that Jake's name is not in the title and it has nothing to do with him.

IMO, yammering on endlessly about how lazy Jake is, how incompetent JB is, or what a huge bust OJ is, especially in threads unrelated to the person being crapped on, is indeed bashing, no?

It wasn't really a bad segue and we always talk about other players in the prospect threads. They were talking about Hog's compete level, then alumni players compete level and drew contrast/the difference to that and Virtanen. I also don't see where they talked about his laziness, JB, OJ so what you're considering to be bashing doesn't apply to what they said. It's unjustified to assume that they were bashing him.

They just pointed out the fact that Virtanen does not have an elite compete level and @Ray_Cathode even mentioned how good he believes Virtanen would be with an elite compete level.

On 11/21/2020 at 11:50 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Yep. If Virtanen had Smyl’s compete he would be among the league’s elite. If he had Walker’s pound for pound willingness and ability to fight, he’d be the most feared guy in the league. 

That's all @Ray_Cathode said in order to get called out for 'bashing'. IMO that misrepresents what he said. Not only are you misrepresenting them both but you're painting them with a broad stroke.

"So important. I recall watching Stan Smyl when he first joined the NW Bruins. He had compete written all over him. You couldn't help but being attracted to the player. He had lots of defiencies but he more than made up for them with his compete level. He was a 3rd round pick. Another guy was Scott Walker, just give you every thing each shift ... you can't say that about Virtanen "

That's all @Fred65 said in order to be called out for 'bashing'. Fred was more blunt, like I previously stated, but he's always been like that and being blunt doesn't necessarily equate to bashing. I don't even agree with him the majority of time. Nevertheless this statement alone shouldn't be called out for bashing.

^^^If that's all bashing then where do we draw the lines between bashing and actual criticisms/what we'd like to see out of our players?^^^

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It wasn't really a bad segue and we always talk about other players in the prospect threads. They were talking about Hog's compete level, then alumni players compete level and drew contrast/the difference to that and Virtanen. I also don't see where they talked about his laziness, JB, OJ so what you're considering to be bashing doesn't apply to what they said. It's unjustified to assume that they were bashing him.

They just pointed out the fact that Virtanen does not have an elite compete level and @Ray_Cathode even mentioned how good he believes Virtanen would be with an elite compete level.

That's all @Ray_Cathode said in order to get called out for 'bashing'. IMO that misrepresents what he said. Not only are you misrepresenting them both but you're painting them with a broad stroke.

That's all @Fred65 said in order to be called out for 'bashing'. Fred was more blunt, like I previously stated, but he's always been like that and being blunt doesn't necessarily equate to bashing. I don't even agree with him the majority of time. Nevertheless this statement alone shouldn't be called out for bashing.

^^^If that's all bashing then where do we draw the lines between bashing and actual criticisms/what we'd like to see out of our players?^^^

The bashing here is the gratuitous negative reference to Jake in a thread that has nothing to do with him. The negative comparison to Jake adds nothing to the post except a slap at Jake. As the poster who started this subthread stated: 

On 11/22/2020 at 12:02 AM, buddhahoodlum said:

I don't get this constant need to crap on Virtanen, especially in a Hoglander thread. Do we need to bash Jake to make Hogs or Podz look better?

My answer to this question is, no we do not need to bash Jake to make Hogs or Pods look better. Obviously some posters feel differently.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

The bashing here is the gratuitous negative reference to Jake in a thread that has nothing to do with him. The negative comparison to Jake adds nothing to the post except a slap at Jake. As the poster who started this subthread stated: 

My answer to this question is, no we do not need to bash Jake to make Hogs or Pods look better. Obviously some posters feel differently.

It is minor criticism and Ray spun it positively, stating what he'd see if Virtanen had an elite-compete level. As I mentioned it related back to the elite-compete level that derived from talking about Hoglander. And I mentioned this happens a lot in prospect forums. Don't get your panties in a knot.

You need to learn how to differentiate between actual bashing of a player and constructive criticism. I went through both of their posts to detail which proves how flawed your sense of logic is here. If you can't see that than you're being unreasonable.

Stating someone is bashing when the evidence proves your overreaction.  You're better than that.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

17 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

My my, I'm looking forward to the end of the Covid19 and the end to the WOKE sect

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It is minor criticism and Ray spun it positively, stating what he'd see if Virtanen had an elite-compete level. As I mentioned it related back to the elite-compete level that derived from talking about Hoglander. And I mentioned this happens a lot in prospect forums. Don't get your panties in a knot.

You need to learn how to differentiate between actual bashing of a player and constructive criticism. I went through both of their posts to detail which proves how flawed your sense of logic is here. If you can't see that than you're being unreasonable.

Stating someone is bashing when the evidence proves your overreaction.  You're better than that.

It's not even close to a fact that Hoglander has some ultra NHL compete level that completely blows Virtanen out of the water. I will wait to see if he even makes the NHL before throwing our current players under the bus.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's not even close to a fact that Hoglander has some ultra NHL compete level that completely blows Virtanen out of the water. I will wait to see if he even makes the NHL before throwing our current players under the bus.

I don't see where Virtanen is thrown under the bus and he was being compared more so to alumni that HAVE played. You only can argue and indirect comparison to Hoglander whereas the direct evidence to the alumni are as stated...

On 11/21/2020 at 11:50 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Yep. If Virtanen had Smyl’s compete he would be among the league’s elite. If he had Walker’s pound for pound willingness and ability to fight, he’d be the most feared guy in the league. 

"So important. I recall watching Stan Smyl when he first joined the NW Bruins. He had compete written all over him. You couldn't help but being attracted to the player. He had lots of defiencies but he more than made up for them with his compete level. He was a 3rd round pick. Another guy was Scott Walker, just give you every thing each shift ... you can't say that about Virtanen "

Unless you think these players haven't played in the NHL? 2nd time I have quoted and pointed out that folks here are overreacting and misrepresenting what was stated.

If this is bashing then where do we draw the lines between bashing and actual criticism?

Lets not let these forums become the polar opposite of HFBoards where any opinion that isn't positive or is a criticism gets crapped on. We're better than that.

If you want to see actual bashing go to the Eriksson thread. You'll get prime examples there.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I don't follow...

Yea I think something more along the lines of: if I had the vision, hockey sense, skating, height, weight, compete, and hands of Elias Pettersson, I could be as good as Elias Pettersson makes more sense at those having a dig at Virtanen bashers... Especially in a Hoglander thread especially when Nils has 9 points in 14 SHL games

5 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Yea I think something more along the lines of: if I had the vision, hockey sense, skating, height, weight, compete, and hands of Elias Pettersson, I could be as good as Elias Pettersson makes more sense at those having a dig at Virtanen bashers... Especially in a Hoglander thread especially when Nils has 9 points in 14 SHL games

Would make more sense if there were actual direct comparisons toward Virtanen and Hog instead of Virtanen and Stan Smyl/Scott Walker as I pointed out.

Edited by Junkyard Dog