The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Can't wait to see what adding Podkolzin does as well!

snitch-ya-ya-chocolate.gif

I am hoping to see Dickinson centering a third line with Hogs and Pods in the exhibition and pre-season to see just how effective they might be.

Miller.....Petey.....Boesser

Pearson.....Horvat..... Garland

Hoglander.....Dickinson.....Podkolzin

Motte.....Sutter..... Highmore

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am hoping to see Dickinson centering a third line with Hogs and Pods in the exhibition and pre-season to see just how effective they might be.

I find it extremely are to believe that Pearson will beat out Hogz for that spot next to horvat

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I find it extremely are to believe that Pearson will beat out Hogz for that spot next to horvat

I can understand the doubt but I think these lines might give the Canucks more balance, especially if they decide to go with three scoring lines vs what they utilized before. They did not have the guns to do that for many years and now they appear to have the talent to run a 9 and 3 system. Dickenson, Hoglander and Pods could really make it difficult for opposing teams to just focus on either Bo or Petey's lines. Hogs & Pods are puck hounds and Dickinson as their centerman could definitely make life miserable for the opposing teams lineup while providing timely offence just from the turnovers they create.

Well.... That is how I hope it plays out.... We will find out once the season starts. GCG!!

6 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I can't see it either.

Hogz will have two great linemates in Horvat and Garland.

I see Hogz point totals being well over 50 next season.

Having Pearson on the third line with Dicky and Podz would make our forward group a formidable force.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I can understand the doubt but I think these lines might give the Canucks more balance, especially if they decide to go with three scoring lines vs what they utilized before. They did not have the guns to do that for many years and now they appear to have the talent to run a 9 and 3 system. Dickenson, Hoglander and Pods could really make it difficult for opposing teams to just focus on either Bo or Petey's lines. Hogs & Pods are puck hounds and Dickinson as their centerman could definitely make life miserable for the opposing teams lineup while providing timely offence just from the turnovers they create.

Well.... That is how I hope it plays out.... We will find out once the season starts. GCG!!

Although I don’t think it will happen just because Hogz and Horvat played really well together. I do like the idea of watching a line like that had the chance to be that puck dominate.

7 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I don't. I think Bo will have some influence on it, and he really seems to like Pearson on his LW. Green also like to lean on his veterans so imo Pearson-Bo is a lock with the kids battling for that RW spot.

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Pearson and Horvat have good chemistry and it spreads more talent down to the third line, making us a deeper team that's harder to match up against. While also allowing Hogs and Podz to feast on lower QOC. I wouldn't count it out. Though I imagine we'll see a lot of Hogs and Podz on that line as well throughout the year.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Pearson and Horvat have good chemistry and it spreads more talent down to the third line, making us a deeper team that's harder to match up against. While also allowing Hogs and Podz to feast on lower QOC. I wouldn't count it out. Though I imagine we'll see a lot of Hogs and Podz on that line as well throughout the year.

they did have good chemistry , but not last year , Podz beat him out. like i have always said  is Pearson is not second line material,,Podz beat him out !

31 minutes ago, aGENT said:

H&P on their own line together is also building for the future. I'm not sure if we have a C yet in the development path to put between them... maybe Zlodeyev? 

I worry that if we put Dickinson between Hoglander and Podkolzin that it might stifle their offense. Even going back to his junior days Dickinson has never been the most offensively productive center. 

If we're insistent on having Bo with Pearson then I'd rather move Miller to center and drop Dickinson down to the 4th line so Hogz and Podz have someone that can actually drive the offense to play with.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I worry that if we put Dickinson between Hoglander and Podkolzin that it might stifle their offense. Even going back to his junior days Dickinson has never been the most offensively productive center. 

If we're insistent on having Bo with Pearson then I'd rather move Miller to center and drop Dickinson down to the 4th line so Hogz and Podz have someone that can actually drive the offense to play with.

Or let’s think of this the Opposite way. Kinda like the Hughes Tanev combo maybe Dickinson will give those two young guns more chance to play aggressive and make more high risk chances in the O zone

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Well that doesn’t make any sense if we all think Pearson is truly a 2nd line talent (I think he’s middle 6, can player 2nd or 3rd line and not look out of place) dropping Pearson to The third line wouldn’t make us any less deep it would just mean Hogz is better and deserves to play up in the lineup. But the more thought I put into it Greener is a old reliable type guy soo Ima call it 50-50 Who’s playing on horvat wing between Pearson and Hogz

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Agree with all of that but I don't think you necessarily see it as the 4th line, just the shutdown line. I actually liked how green deployed Beagle and Motte's line in the bubble, 10 mins some nights and 16-17 mins some nights depending on the situation.

I would roll 3 scoring lines and give ice time to the line that's hot each night, not by assigning them line 1-3. Some games the lotto line can be reassembled when it's called for.

Something like

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Podz - EP - Boeser

Hogs - Miller - Motte

Sutter - Dickinson - MacEwen

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

they did have good chemistry , but not last year , Podz beat him out. like i have always said  is Pearson is not second line material,,Podz beat him out !

Hogs?

If you're going off last year, pretty much nobody has any 'chemistry'.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

H&P on their own line together is also building for the future. I'm not sure if we have a C yet in the development path to put between them... maybe Zlodeyev? 

Perhaps. Though by the time he's likely ready, they're probably playing further up the lineup.

Edited by aGENT

54 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Well that doesn’t make any sense if we all think Pearson is truly a 2nd line talent (I think he’s middle 6, can player 2nd or 3rd line and not look out of place) dropping Pearson to The third line wouldn’t make us any less deep it would just mean Hogz is better and deserves to play up in the lineup. But the more thought I put into it Greener is a old reliable type guy soo Ima call it 50-50 Who’s playing on horvat wing between Pearson and Hogz

Pearson is a solid, veteran, two way player with inconsistent but complimentary scoring. He's not going to drive offense as much as Hoglander clearly does, but he will play a more developed defensive game that likely allows Horvat and Garland to produce more offense and cover for them a bit defensively.

Hoglander is clearly the more offensively skilled of the two (if still inexperienced). He'll add more skill too that third line than Pearson would. And if it is in fact with Dickenson and Podkolzin, both of them have more refined defensive games to cover/complement him there.

Now depending on opponent or game situation (down a goal late in the game for example) Green will almost certainly bump Hoglander (or potentially Podkolzin) up to create a more offensively loaded 2nd line. But I think the 'default' is likely to see us spread the defensive and offensive players over those two lines rather than load them up.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Pearson is a solid, veteran, two way player with inconsistent but complimentary scoring. He's not going to drive offense as much as Hoglander clearly does, but he will play a more developed defensive game that likely allows Horvat and Garland to produce more offense and cover for them a bit defensively.

Hoglander is clearly the more offensively skilled of the two (if still inexperienced). He'll add more skill too that third line than Pearson would. And if it is in fact with Dickenson and Podkolzin, both of them have more refined defensive games to cover/complement him there.

Now depending on opponent or game situation (down a goal late in the game for example) Green will almost certainly bump Hoglander (or potentially Podkolzin) up to create a more offensively loaded 2nd line. But I think the 'default' is likely to see us spread the defensive and offensive players over those two lines rather than load them up.

But let’s 180 and say our third line is 

Pearson - Sutter - Podz

and than you have the 

Hogz - Horvat - Garland

And let’s Assume Sutter stays healthy and returns to a bit of a better form than last few I feel like you got a high pressure offensive threat of a line. And than another high Pressure more defensive minded line that can also chip in with some scoring potential.

which would leave 

Motte and Dickinson kill penalties and getting all the hard assignments and freeing up both lines for more offense. 

Im really Enjoying the Versatility in our forward group RN 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

But let’s 180 and say our third line is 

Pearson - Sutter - Podz

and than you have the 

Hogz - Horvat - Garland

And let’s Assume Sutter stays healthy and returns to a bit of a better form than last few I feel like you got a high pressure offensive threat of a line. And than another high Pressure more defensive minded line that can also chip in with some scoring potential.

which would leave 

Motte and Dickinson kill penalties and getting all the hard assignments and freeing up both lines for more offense. 

Im really Enjoying the Versatility in our forward group RN 

Yeah, Green will really be able to shuffle things up depending on opponent and game situation. Adding both Garland and Podkolzin this summer is HUGE.

Imagine if we have another one or two guys come to camp and pushing for spots that we can call up too *drool*

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

That would be a waste of offensive talent of those wingers imho.  Dickinson is very solid defensive center but he's probably as good offensively as Gaudette was defensively.  Which is fine as that IS the reason he was acquired.  To handle the tough defensive assignments & free up Horvat to take advantage of his skills.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1