The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

22 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Finally!!! Waited five long years for a player with heart and skill wearing no. 21. 

Bold prediction: nos. 8, 18 and 21 are going to look a gazillion times better than they did in the 2021 season.  Book it (yah I know...I'm really going out on a limb with this one).

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Haha 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Hoggy's just doing what has to be done. Only someone with heart can break the curse Loui cast upon that number. 

We'll finally get to see 21 being a consistently creative force in the offensive zone again. Hasn't happened since peak Mason Raymond. 

its kind of fitting, Hog's plays like Hansen would if he had pre-Canucks Loui skill. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hoggy's just doing what has to be done. Only someone with heart can break the curse Loui cast upon that number. 

We'll finally get to see 21 being a consistently creative force in the offensive zone again. Hasn't happened since peak Mason Raymond. 

I’d go further back to Lumme 

Edited by bbllpp

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

its kind of fitting, Hog's plays like Hansen would if he had pre-Canucks Loui skill. 

You know, that's a strangely fitting comparison.. 

6 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

I’d go further back to Lumme 

Can def be argued. But as much as people dumped on Raymond, he had a couple solidly productive years as a Canuck and I'll give him props for it. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, nzan said:

ugh - i really liked 36, it felt like it came with all the heart and soul of it's former owner.

hopefully hoglander can redeem 21

I actually like the 21.

In all fairness the recent notable owner of the number before Loui was Raymond who played well for us. 

Hogs will add his own identity to that number 

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

11 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I actually like the 21.

In all fairness the recent notable owner of the number before Loui was Raymond who played well for us. 

Hogs will add his own identity to that number 

I agree on Hogs adding his own identity.

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of Lumme (I know I'm the only one) or Raymond or (obviously) Loui. All really decent people I believe, I just didn't like the way any of them played.  

I love the way Hoglander plays - in my opinion, he's for sure going to be our best 21.

26 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Great read. Nice to see media articles that are positive for a change.

Would expect nothing less from Vancouver is Awesome....

Hoggy will be awesome too. And I expect more than 40 points. 

Vancouver is Awesome (PITB) has always been one of the better media outlets. Not always really stuff I like, but they have a better track record than most for me.

• Cheers 1