The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Garland is a better player than Hogs, so unless they are trading him to beef up the RD, he stays.  I have no

problem with Hogs spending some time in Abby.  It won't be long before there's an injury, so he will be

called up very soon.

Agreed its probably the best thing for him. He was rushed into the NHL this is the last year he's waiver exempt let's get him down there with PJ working on the details. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Agreed its probably the best thing for him. He was rushed into the NHL this is the last year he's waiver exempt let's get him down there with PJ working on the details. 

Frankly, as a rookie, he earned his spot--he wasn't rushed. It's only this past year that he ever looked really lost.

My son was out with some Swedish Pro coachs for a beer, one ( no names ) said he'd been working with Hoglander for 8 weeks this summer. He mentioned he was injured for the second half of last season butis now completely fit and healthy. He further believes he has 10 games this coming season to show himself. Sounds positive

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:04 AM, John_Guest said:

Which makes you suspect that's where a trade is most likely to come from.

My guess is Garland. He's the most likely to get something back and he's my favorite (which means he's probably doomed.) 

Garland gets traded, Hoglander moves up. My prediction.

Boeser gets 1st line minutes making 1.7 million more then Garland ? I think Boeser gets moved..

I agree if a winger gets moved it will be Boeser or Garland ???I like Garlands game such skill and more speed then Boeser...

Garland should produce  GP 75 - G 22-24 - PTS 58--62 - If given 1st unit PP

On 9/3/2022 at 4:53 PM, Muttley said:

Boudreau has plenty of pre-season evaluation to do. He has to figure out if Hoglander can make a go of it on a consistent basis. That means no running around 

and getting caught out of position. They both play a feisty game and obviously one costs waaaaaaay more then the other. Is it time to cut costs? Maybe...

10 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Boeser gets 1st line minutes making 1.7 million more then Garland ? I think Boeser gets moved..

I agree if a winger gets moved it will be Boeser or Garland ???I like Garlands game such skill and more speed then Boeser...

Garland should produce  GP 75 - G 22-24 - PTS 58--62 - If given 1st unit PP

Latest On Zach Aston-Reese, Evan Rodrigues

SEPTEMBER 4, 2022 AT 1:02 PM CDT | BY JOSH ERICKSON 5 COMMENTS

The calendar has now turned to September, only turning up the heat on both free agents looking for contracts and teams looking to fill roster holes ahead of training camp. A marginal salary cap increase over the past few seasons has made late-offseason moves tougher to make work, though, and it’s becoming more and more common to see situations get resolved at the last minute due to a lack of other options.

Two players who could be in that boat are a pair of former Pittsburgh Penguins forwards Zach Aston-Reese and Evan Rodrigues. Pittsburgh Hockey Now’s Dan Kingerski reported today that sources tell him both Aston-Reese and Rodrigues have interest and multiple offers from NHL teams but are “holding out for better situations.”  Kingerski named both the Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks specifically as teams that have kicked tires on Rodrigues, which had been previously reported. He noted that Aston-Reese had interest from two or three NHL teams, but that the bottom-six utility player is looking for more offensive opportunities on his next team.

Still rumour Canucks are looking to add more one more  forward ? Maybe sign a Rodrigues 2.2 million and trade one of your expensive wingers Boeser or Garland? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Travis Green may not have been the devil he is made to be. 

He did well with rookies.

He's remembered far too much for his short, albeit terrible, stint at the end of his tenure. He and Hoglander did work well together.

11 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Travis Green may not have been the devil he is made to be. 

He did well with rookies.

Name one player who improved from their rookie season under Green.  He lacked the professionalism necessary to enable talent to grow and set up way too many guys to fail.  When guys are consistently peaking as rookies, that's a sign you have a massive problem behind the bench.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Name one player who improved from their rookie season under Green.  He lacked the professionalism necessary to enable talent to grow and set up way too many guys to fail.  When guys are consistently peaking as rookies, that's a sign you have a massive problem behind the bench.

I'm not even going to argue with you because you're so full of hate.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2022 at 10:42 PM, -AJ- said:

He's remembered far too much for his short, albeit terrible, stint at the end of his tenure. He and Hoglander did work well together.

He wasn't that bad. He just got stale fast. I feel like he didn't know how to handle things when things weren't going well. 

21 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

He wasn't that bad. He just got stale fast. I feel like he didn't know how to handle things when things weren't going well. 

Agreed. He was fine most of the time and was actually good for the team in 2019-20. But as you said in 2021-22, once things starting going poorly, it really just all fell apart and he couldn't get the team back on track. His firing was well-deserved, but I would disagree with those who felt he was a terrible coach for his entire tenure.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DanielCloutier said:

Dude's still just 21 and was injured for much of last year. He clearly lost a step last year because of the injury. I think he's going to have a good year. People sleep on my boy Nils.

Was it his groin?  I know he had off season surgery to get fixed up.  He’s going to push guys like Garland for ice time.