The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Where do you see him on next year's Canuck roster? Or does he stay in Abby? Always liked Hog's play making. 

Oh no, he really shouldn't be in Abby now.  He's an NHL player, imo.  

It depends on who they clear out, but he should be top 6.  I'd like to see the Petey, Hogz and Podz line back together

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Part of me wants to leave these young guys down there to develop together for a while longer. Maybe until the trade deadline at the very least

I think they'll leave them all down there, they've got a good thing going.  You might see DiG or Dowling up, maybe even Rau, but I think the kids stay where they are.

At most, they might do some "auditioning" for a game or two for some guys they don't know much about.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think they'll leave them all down there, they've got a good thing going.  You might see DiG or Dowling up, maybe even Rau, but I think the kids stay where they are.

At most, they might do some "auditioning" for a game or two for some guys they don't know much about.

Perhaps, but you also want some of these kids to come up to the NHL while they’re hot and let them get those games to improve confidence. 

Plus it’s always nice to be rewarded for your good play by being brought up

12 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Perhaps, but you also want some of these kids to come up to the NHL while they’re hot and let them get those games to improve confidence. 

Plus it’s always nice to be rewarded for your good play by being brought up

To some degree, for sure.  I'd like to see some of the lesser known guys who are playing well get a look against top competition.  We know what hogz and pidz can do, I'd like to see Klim, bains, woo, karlsson get a game or two in the NHL, just to show them the level they need to be at.

That said, there need to be roster spots available for call ups, which most NHL teams dont have

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

To some degree, for sure.  I'd like to see some of the lesser known guys who are playing well get a look against top competition.  We know what hogz and pidz can do, I'd like to see Klim, bains, woo, karlsson get a game or two in the NHL, just to show them the level they need to be at.

That said, there need to be roster spots available for call ups, which most NHL teams dont have

Would let them brew in Abby for the most part. Big club has been an ugly, dysfunctional place this season and that is unlikely to change.  Suspect Podz will be up after deadline but would prefer for them to keep cooking on the farm. 
‘Klim is a couple years away so next year should be fine to start getting some exposure and see what next step like.
Woo is questionable as to any NHL potential. 
‘Bain’s has been good and is older than Klim, wouldn’t mind seeing him in a few games in bottom six role. Karlsson, same. 
Often these late season spots are used to entice college UFAs and would prefer to see that carrot used to land a free prospect ir two. 

4 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Would let them brew in Abby for the most part. Big club has been an ugly, dysfunctional place this season and that is unlikely to change.  Suspect Podz will be up after deadline but would prefer for them to keep cooking on the farm. 
‘Klim is a couple years away so next year should be fine to start getting some exposure and see what next step like.
Woo is questionable as to any NHL potential. 
‘Bain’s has been good and is older than Klim, wouldn’t mind seeing him in a few games in bottom six role. Karlsson, same. 
Often these late season spots are used to entice college UFAs and would prefer to see that carrot used to land a free prospect ir two. 

Woo has had a helluva year.  Still a bit of a long shot, but not as far off as people think.  He's playing top pairing with Wolanin.

I don't think podz is back up, short of needing him due to injuries........he's a force down there and his confidence grows each game.  If anyone comes up, it's Hogz, who really shouldn't be down there.

I'd love to see Bains get a look........because he's earned it and because I think it would inspire him to get to the level he needs to be at.  He has some great hands and has a sneaky good 200ft game.

Klim could probably play in the NHL now and be ok, but with a little more cooking, he could be good, if not very good.

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Isn't he like 1 or 2 games away from needing waivers?  Unlike Pedersen, I seem to recall reports that they sent him down in the nick of time just before he lost his waiver exclusion based on number of NHL games played.  I suspect we won't see him up again until next season, or if it's this season, at the very least once management is confident they have a spot for him in the lineup that he can capably fill.

Actually, that's a good point.  I'd forgotten about that.  They'll want him to get playoff experience for sure 

Thanks for the reminder

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Woo has had a helluva year.  Still a bit of a long shot, but not as far off as people think.  He's playing top pairing with Wolanin.

I don't think podz is back up, short of needing him due to injuries........he's a force down there and his confidence grows each game.  If anyone comes up, it's Hogz, who really shouldn't be down there.

I'd love to see Bains get a look........because he's earned it and because I think it would inspire him to get to the level he needs to be at.  He has some great hands and has a sneaky good 200ft game.

Klim could probably play in the NHL now and be ok, but with a little more cooking, he could be good, if not very good.

Your timing was terrible. They called up Podz and Aman today. 

• There it is 1