The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

Jordan Schroeder is selected 22nd overall in the first round of the 2009 NHL draft in Montreal. Scouting report: He's a dynamic player, a leader and a type of player that has developed into a complete offensive and defensive threat every time he is on the ice. He has a rocket of a wrist shot and he can beat you by putting the puck in the net, going around a defender, or freezing the goaltender and passing it off to one of his wingers. The concern is going to be his overall size, like there was with Scott Gomez, with Brian Gionta and with Patrick Kane, but at the same age he is probably a little thicker and a little bit more compact than they were. He's a great hockey player." Sounds terrific, Great job by Lou, Mr. Gillis and the rest of the Canucks staff.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Schroeder got 45 points with the Rockford Ice Hogs last season in the AHL. This is why i am not excited about Mr Hoglander. 1915

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

Gillis scouting vs. Benning scouting.... Apple's and Orange's.  

The only way Hoglander doesn't turn out to be a top 6 forward is major injury.  Otherwise... I suggest going over to the Miller thread and bellyache there.

I actually just posted in there that I have less concern over the Miller trade than i do with JB not drafting any D men so far. especially after he said he was going to improve the D pool this year.

Hoglander is just another Schroeder.

Agree its a different Gm though, i just see it as the same mistake. 1915

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, mikeyman109 said:

I actually just posted in there that I have less concern over the Miller trade than i do with JB not drafting any D men so far. especially after he said he was going to improve the D pool this year.

Hoglander is just another Schroeder.

Agree its a different Gm though, i just see it as the same mistake. 1915

Okay... Well we'll agree to disagree.  Let's pick this chat up in a couple years.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

History takes no sides... Just when you think you know what will happen... It changes.  Just ask the Raptor fans or Blues fans.  

Conceded, however just because hell froze over this year doesnt mean it wont thaw out next season. Congrats to the Blues and their fans they have waited longer than our Canucks for a championship. The Raptors, Meh not a basketball fan but good for TO. 1915

• Wat 1

25 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Thats the only way we will know for sure. I truly do hope i am wrong, history just is on my side. 1915

Why even have an account? Why even spend the time? Why do you care? Pick a different sport or just yell at a wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Conceded, however just because hell froze over this year doesnt mean it wont thaw out next season. Congrats to the Blues and their fans they have waited longer than our Canucks for a championship. The Raptors, Meh not a basketball fan but good for TO. 1915

Your life must really suck to keep on harping about 1915. If you think you are original - think again. It’s pretty sad, actually...

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Stoked By this pick!!!!

Hoglander-Pettersson-Boeser

That can be an elite line for us going forward!

Welcome to Vancouver!

that line will get pushed around imo come playoff time. Need to find some gritty players who will drop the gloves or go after guys who target your teammates, not goons just players willing to stand up for eachother. Im personally hoping with his down season we can land Simmonds as a FA, but we got so many damn F its not funny...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kacholu said:

Anyone know why he fell to the second round?? 

Seems like BPA so I'm happy 

5ft 9 in size, just like caufield went from top 5 ish to mid 1st rounder. size is a factor when you pick early you need that player to pan out

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

that line will get pushed around imo come playoff time. Need to find some gritty players who will drop the gloves or go after guys who target your teammates, not goons just players willing to stand up for eachother. Im personally hoping with his down season we can land Simmonds as a FA, but we got so many damn F its not funny...

No worries, pretty sure two plus years from now when these guys are actually playing that you can swap Hog and Pod.

Podkolzin, Pettersson, Boeser

Miller, Horvat, Hoglander

Or I wouldn't be shocked to see Horvat bump up to 1C and Miller at 2C either.

Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser

Podkolzin, Miller, Hoglander

Either are fine by me ::D

• Upvote 1