The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

8 hours ago, Quantum said:

Bold prediction: He'll crack the roster in the 2020-2021 season. One more year in Sweden and then he'll come over to Vancouver. I LOVE this pick. And this is a reason why the Canucks need more Second Round picks is because of guys like this. I feel like he's gonna be a "player" as Benning used to say about prospects back in the day.

I like how he’s already got a leg up playing against men. 

6 hours ago, DarkGhost said:

Sooooo since when is 5’10 and almost 190lbs small? I don’t even understand how size is even a question. It’s not like he’s some 5’7 kid that’s 150lbs wet. Kid is a tank and insanely gifted. No reason to assume he wouldn’t be successful. Especially already playing in the SHL! Dahlen wasn’t even doing that years after his draft...

Guess some people just enjoy being glass half full all the time? 

He reminds me of Jonathan Marchessault

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Pronman says Hoglander has the best hands in the draft, I find that quite interesting given there are guys like Jack Hughes and Kirby Dach with excellent hands.

Looks a bit like Viktor Arvidsson stylistically and physically. Here’s to hoping he does one more year in the SHL and then head over to Utica.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I really like this pick for us. Kid has so much speed and skill! Him and Petey toying with the opposition in a year or two will be fun to watch!

In 2 years time we might be watching a top 9 resembling this...

Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser

Miller-Gaudette-Lind

The more I read about this kid, the more excited I get. A 1st round talent, the knock on him is his size. It doesn't seem to hold him back in Sweden. It may factor into him being able to make an impact right away once he comes to NA, but by the sound of his drive and competitiveness, I'm not going to worry about that. I'm sure he'll find a way to make an impact in a couple years. Really like the home run swings the Canucks took.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

I really like this pick for us. Kid has so much speed and skill! Him and Petey toying with the opposition in a year or two will be fun to watch!

In 2 years time we might be watching a top 9 resembling this...

Hoglander-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Virtanen-Horvat-Boeser

Miller-Gaudette-Lind

Virtanen.   LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

I personally think Virtanen will score 20 goals this year and put up 40 points. I saw a lot of positive development from him last year and I think he's about to take a big step. Personally I really hope we don't trade him

This is a contract year for Virtanen so it's now or never

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hoglander Pettersson Podkolzin

Miller       Horvat        Boeser

Not certain I agree with the placement, but if both Podkolzin and Hogs hit their ceiling, this looks like a great top 6 to me overall.

I believe the intention in getting Miller was to give Petey some extra skill but especially size on the LW.

I'm very curious to see if Miller can gain chemistry on that line - it is a great opportunity as a stepping stone for him to increase his stats and value.  I feel if he can get to 60+ points there, we are in for two truly lethal lines in a couple of years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

What a dream for the arena announcer. Can you imagine how hard he’s going to be able to belt out Hoglander in a starting lineup call. I could probably get a pretty good one off and I’m not even good.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, canucklehead80 said:

The more I read about this kid, the more excited I get. A 1st round talent, the knock on him is his size. It doesn't seem to hold him back in Sweden. It may factor into him being able to make an impact right away once he comes to NA, but by the sound of his drive and competitiveness, I'm not going to worry about that. I'm sure he'll find a way to make an impact in a couple years. Really like the home run swings the Canucks took.

Kinda weird some say size was the issue with this kid considering he already weighs as much as what the Sedins played at their entire careers. Exciting pick!!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I personally think Virtanen will score 20 goals this year and put up 40 points. I saw a lot of positive development from him last year and I think he's about to take a big step. Personally I really hope we don't trade him

I mostly agree with you but would trade him in a package for Risto if we could get him.

4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Jake just needs to watch Miller and emulate his play to take that next big step.Miller may be huge for Jake's development.

• Upvote 1