The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Whenever you see a play that leaves a guy lying on the ice you always see a response. Especially when it is deliberate physical contact. It happens all the time and usually all 5 guys go after the one and it becomes a mess.  Do it often teams will most certainly take notice. 

Wasn’t it said here that the guy he reversed hit in the SHL in October is still out?

If you’re fine with our players taking liberties than you’ll have to be fine with receiving them as well. In this case I just hope we have more than Ferland  and hopefully Tryamkin to protect this team.

We will need it. 

If that's the case, Hogs will learn quickly from his first real NHL fight. 

Also, foolish mistakes that cost the team an important game will not be applauded by Green.  Being benched is a learning as well.

Not worried about Hogs.  He's a smart kid.

• Upvote 2

I seem to be in the minority here thinking that players should have to answer for their actions. Legal or not. 

If you hurt my skill player I'll come after you. 

If someone hurts petey or huggy bear I want a response from virt Myers and ferland. 

If my captain goes down with a fin in a 5-0 game someone's gotta pay the price. 

Just the way I'm wired I guess.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Give us a break with the sky is falling, we should be soooooo scared narrative if Hoglander one day actually makes it to the Canucks and then one day actually reverse hits someone in the head.  Who cares??

Most teams in the NHL, if you watch games, have very little response to a hit like Hogs landed today. The other teams player fell down, went off the ice, then played their next shift. 

Nothing happens in the NHL for hits like that.

Quit making sh&% up.  

Never said the sky is falling. Just saying that Hog needs to be a bit more careful up here. I don’t want to see him out of the lineup or teams taking liberties because of a iffy play. 

I am not making anything up. So you’re telling him if Hog did that vs a division rival and left him on the ice like that play in October people would just shrug it off like nothing happened? 

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

If that's the case, Hogs will learn quickly from his first real NHL fight. 

Also, foolish mistakes that cost the team an important game will not be applauded by Green.  Being benched is a learning as well.

Not worried about Hogs.  He's a smart kid.

Yeah for sure.

I just hope it ain’t vs a Reaves or Wilson. Ferland would need to fill in vs any heavyweight. 

I have faith in Hog. Just want him to be a bit more careful up here. 

• Cheers 1

The Hog Hammer.....Don’t mess with The Hog !

i love it, and I’m sure Jimbo loved it as well.....The Filthy Hog is a Wellcome addition to the Canucks.

Can actually move The Hog up in the Canucks projected future line combos with no worries...he’s the real deal.

AFA04284-BC0B-4D9F-AF63-7251412D0577.jpeg

Edited by HockeyHarry

6 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I seem to be in the minority here thinking that players should have to answer for their actions. Legal or not. 

If you hurt my skill player I'll come after you. 

If someone hurts petey or huggy bear I want a response from virt Myers and ferland. 

If my captain goes down with a fin in a 5-0 game someone's gotta pay the price. 

Just the way I'm wired I guess.

Funny this is. Nobody will care if it’s a clean or dirty play. There always has to be a response. 

I remember when Hall obliterated Larsen. When we rewatch the play Larsen had his head down. It was a great hit but the Canucks responded regardless. 

In regards to Hog I feel his play was iffy. Walks the fine line. Teams won’t care though so he has to be a bit more careful IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Funny this is. Nobody will care if it’s a clean or dirty play. There always has to be a response. 

I remember when Hall obliterated Larsen. When we rewatch the play Larsen had his head down. It was a great hit but the Canucks responded regardless. 

In regards to Hog I feel his play was iffy. Walks the fine line. Teams won’t care though so he has to be a bit more careful IMO. 

Yeah even going back to the Pavelski stuff against the knights last year. Wasn't a dirty play. Just an unfortunate incident really. Dont care though heads should be rolling 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah even going back to the Pavelski stuff against the knights last year. Wasn't a dirty play. Just an unfortunate incident really. Dont care though heads should be rolling 

Vegas more than got screwed over for that play though. Damn was that bad reffing. 

Here’s hoping Hog can come back and play great in the SHL. Hope he doesn’t feel at fault like Jake did. Remember Jake saying Sedins helped him out a lot after that WJC. I am sure Hog will have someone like that for him on his team. 

Really excited for next year. Potential for a lot of young guys to make the jump. 

I actually agree... with big hits there should be consequences.

but Small players need to set the tone that they aren’t push overs. Hoglander has sent a message He can hit you hard, so Don’t mess with him. 

At lest we as fans can say Hog needs to tone it down rather then saying “man that Hoglander kid is soft and can’t play against bigger players”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

I actually agree... with big hits there should be consequences.

but Small players need to set the tone that they aren’t push overs. Hoglander has sent a message He can hit you hard, so Don’t mess with him. 

At lest we as fans can say Hog needs to tone it down rather then saying “man that Hoglander kid is soft and can’t play against bigger players”

Yeah. I agree with you there. Rather be arguing for him to tone it down like I am rather than him being soft. 

Good point. You got me there. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Good. We need a guy like that. Every team in the league would want a Brad Marchand on their top line or a Nils Hog in their pool.

Get real

imo there's no place in this organization for Wilsons/Marchands. if he turns out to be a dirty crop,--which all i'm saying is becoming likelier truth the more he doles out illegal hits,--i'd like for him to have a good, non-prejudiced and open discussion with team coaching/management here and given the opportunity to make appropriate adjustments to his game for the safety of his opponents, i guess because i'm not from the stone age and believe hockey players have a right to earn their living in a safe environment that prioritizes their surviving to retirement with their brain in tact. if he can't adjust well, i would prefer him to be shipped out. the players in the NHL are doing their /jobs/. when they are on the ice, they are working. they do not deserve to go to a location of employment and have people who are their colleagues running gun at their heads. that's just ridiculous, and as a respectable team we should recognize it and make sure nothing of that type of play manifests within the talent we pick at the draft and then develop into the league.

Edited by 112
  • Wat 2

33 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah for sure.

I just hope it ain’t vs a Reaves or Wilson. Ferland would need to fill in vs any heavyweight. 

I have faith in Hog. Just want him to be a bit more careful up here. 

LOL man Marchand has been a cheap shot  scumbag his entire career and I can’t recall one time where he had to answer the bell to a guy like Ryan Reeves. He’s incredible at stirring the pot, being a douche, getting away with near murder out there, and really has avoided being detrimental to his team. Not only that, but he is arguably the most effective player in the league at throwing guys off their game using his antics. Furthermore, he is the one to usually score on the PP after guys get a retaliatory penalty. I would KILL to have a Marchand on the Canucks. 

Edited by Pickly
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, 112 said:

imo there's no place in this organization for Wilsons/Marchands. if he turns out to be a dirty crop,--which all i'm saying is becoming likelier truth the more he doles out illegal hits,--i'd like for him to have a good, non-prejudiced and open discussion with team coaching/management here and given the opportunity to make appropriate adjustments to his game for the safety of his opponents, i guess because i'm not from the stone age and believe hockey players have a right to earn their living in a safe environment that prioritizes their surviving to retirement with their brain in tact. if he can't adjust well, i would prefer him to be shipped out. the players in the NHL are doing their /jobs/. when they are on the ice, they are working. they do not deserve to go to a location of employment and have people who are their colleagues running gun at their heads. that's just ridiculous, and as a respectable team we should recognize it and make sure nothing of that type of play manifests within the talent we pick at the draft and then develop into the league.

Lol nils Hoglander isnt Matt Cooke... chill bro

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Pickly said:

LOL man Marchand has been a cheap shot  scumbag his entire career and I can’t recall one time where he had to answer the bell to a guy like Ryan Reeves. He’s incredible at stirring the pot, being a douche, getting away with near murder out there, and really has avoided being detrimental to his team. Not only that, but he is arguably the most effective player in the league at throwing guys off their game using his antics. Furthermore, he is the one to usually score on the PP after guys get a retaliatory penalty. I would KILL to have a Marchand on the Canucks. 

I wouldn’t. Guys a rat. He does get hit a lot. Easy to not answer the bell when you have a team like the Bruins behind you. We are nothing like the Bruins though, we are a lot easier to play against.  When he was head coach Claud Julien was constantly trying to stop BMs antics because of how important he was on the team and not suspended. 

I have stated that BM has become more of a scorer than a pest these past years. Still a nuisance but more so on the scoresheet nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, 112 said:

imo there's no place in this organization for Wilsons/Marchands. if he turns out to be a dirty crop,--which all i'm saying is becoming likelier truth the more he doles out illegal hits,--i'd like for him to have a good, non-prejudiced and open discussion with team coaching/management here and given the opportunity to make appropriate adjustments to his game for the safety of his opponents, i guess because i'm not from the stone age and believe hockey players have a right to earn their living in a safe environment that prioritizes their living to see retirement with their brain in tact.

the players in the NHL are doing their /jobs/. when they are on the ice, they are working. they do not deserve to go to a location of employment and have people who are their colleagues running gun at their heads. that's just ridiculous, and as a respectable team we should recognize it and make sure nothing of that type of play manifests within the talent we pick at the draft and then develop.

Need guys with battle grit.....I agree dirty hits are not good, but let the NHL deal with that with suspensions...Canucks can wellcome grit.

I say Jimbo and Canucks can’t have player with No Class.

Marchands has No Class, he’s dirty all around, with a nonstop mouth box....I don’t see Hoglander with a Filthy mouth or Bad gestures.

Hog is just a small Napoleon that will compete hard.