Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Fred65 said:

If Madden signs at the end of the NCAA season it would be great to see Lind and Madden and judge the merit of both and who's the stronger player for the future

It would be awesome to have some stiff competition on the farm team; especially when there are spots available on the big club.  I think there's a possibility that we'll see Hogs joining Utica as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We also need to keep in mind he is averaging under 14 minutes a game. Those are pretty decent stats playing mens hockey and he's turning another gear. If he can keep this confidence up he'll keep adding more tools to his game. He was over 16 minutes last game so he's obviously making a good impression in his first game back from world juniors. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man what a gem. I will say I was worried about his size and style of play but after seeing what's his doing in a men's league is putting that to rest. 

Hoglander isn't have a problem with playing against men and even going to the dirty areas and that holds back a lot of smaller forwards 

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Hog was playing on the third line yesterday. Anyone have any insight into this?

 

Also interesting to note that Hoglander played on a line with former Canucks 6th round pick Taylor Matson.

 

That historically bad 2007 draft is the only draft in our 50 year history to not produce a single game played by any of our picks :picard:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Looks like Hog was playing on the third line yesterday. Anyone have any insight into this?

 

Also interesting to note that Hoglander played on a line with former Canucks 6th round pick Taylor Matson.

 

That historically bad 2007 draft is the only draft in our 50 year history to not produce a single game played by any of our picks :picard:

 

Erhoff ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, surtur said:

??

Mike Gillis famously traded Patrick White (2007 first round pick of the Canucks) and Daniel Rahimi (2006 second round pick of the Canucks) for Christian Ehrhoff who helped solidify the Canucks blueline in anticipation for the 2011 playoff run. Rahimi and White never played an NHL game. Whereas Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich (the other guy in the trade) both played NHL minutes with the Canucks (Lukowich played 13 games with Canucks and obviously Ehrhoff became Ehrohoff for us). 

Edited by Quantum
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quantum said:

Mike Gillis famously traded Patrick White (2007 first round pick of the Canucks) and Daniel Rahimi (2006 second round pick of the Canucks) for Christian Ehrhoff who helped solidify the Canucks blueline in anticipation for the 2011 playoff run. Rahimi and White never played an NHL game. Whereas Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich (the other guy in the trade) both played NHL minutes with the Canucks (Lukowich played 13 games with Canucks and obviously Ehrhoff became Ehrohoff for us). 

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, logic said:

Erhoff ;)

Of course that was an all time great trade.

 

Doesnt change the fact that that was our worst draft in history.

 

Next being our 2010 draft that only produced one NHL game played (Friesen)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Quantum said:

Mike Gillis famously traded Patrick White (2007 first round pick of the Canucks) and Daniel Rahimi (2006 second round pick of the Canucks) for Christian Ehrhoff who helped solidify the Canucks blueline in anticipation for the 2011 playoff run. Rahimi and White never played an NHL game. Whereas Ehrhoff and Brad Lukowich (the other guy in the trade) both played NHL minutes with the Canucks (Lukowich played 13 games with Canucks and obviously Ehrhoff became Ehrohoff for us). 

 

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Of course that was an all time great trade.

 

Doesnt change the fact that that was our worst draft in history.

 

Next being our 2010 draft that only produced one NHL game played (Friesen)

 

Worthy of note is that Sharks at the time was just trying to dump his salary and make room to bring in Brent Burns. Regardless of the circumstance, it was a steal of a trade for the Canucks. Two busts for a high-end offensive defenseman who became a big part of our 2011 run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

 

 

Worthy of note is that Sharks at the time was just trying to dump his salary and make room to bring in Brent Burns. Regardless of the circumstance, it was a steal of a trade for the Canucks. Two busts for a high-end offensive defenseman who became a big part of our 2011 run.

Wrong. The sharks traded for burns almost 2 yrs after trading hoff. 

 

 

 

 

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VancouveriteinSanDiego2 said:

Year in AHL be good learn smaller ice

I think that's more of an issue for Dmen. Hogs is smart enough and skilled enough that he may need no AHL time at all, following in the footsteps of Brock, Petey and Quinn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nils Hoglander | #36 | LW
  • -AJ- changed the title to Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...