The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

Definitely love this kid, his creativity on the ice is just amazing that he's able to do SOMETHING with the puck that generates an offensive chance. His workout ethic is just crazy after taking a look at his youtube videos like his draft video said and holy cow was I amazed on how FIT this kid is. We are definitely drafting these "role" players that we hear so much about that have a huge effect when it comes to the playoffs. 

Could definitely be a 2nd/3rd liner utility forward who can break speed, grit, and scoring ability. I understand that people are knocking him on his size, but I'm definitely thinking this kid will NOT have an issue just looking at how the NHL is trending into a more puck possession type of game style with smaller dynamic forwards making a huge difference in teams. 

I wonder if Hoglander and Pettersson will do dual unicycle juggling with them just juggling things between them during practices lol

Edited by Honeydew

21 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

Hoglander's top 10 finishes at the combine:

VO2max (duration): #6

VO2max (ml/kg/min): #9

Pro Agility Left: #8

Pro Agility Right: tied for #4

Windgate Test (peak power output): #1

Bench Press: #2

Pull Ups: tied for #1 (each did 16).

Just based on the pull ups alone he should be better than Bennett :ph34r:.

So when do we start a Hoglander workout thread! :sick:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kloubek said:

Not certain I agree with the placement, but if both Podkolzin and Hogs hit their ceiling, this looks like a great top 6 to me overall.

I believe the intention in getting Miller was to give Petey some extra skill but especially size on the LW.

I'm very curious to see if Miller can gain chemistry on that line - it is a great opportunity as a stepping stone for him to increase his stats and value.  I feel if he can get to 60+ points there, we are in for two truly lethal lines in a couple of years.

I thought they got Miller so Bo had someone to play with.  He is a 1 man show on his line.  

46 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I thought they got Miller so Bo had someone to play with.  He is a 1 man show on his line.  

If Leivo and Pearson put in the work this summer, they will be flanking Bo on the top line. Here’s my ideal lineup. Not likely to happen. But one can dream. 

Pearson Bo Leivo

Anders Lee EP Brock

Miller Sutter Virt

Granlund Beagle Schaller

Gaudette

Edler Tanev

Hughes Schenn

Hutton Myers

Juolevi

On 6/22/2019 at 7:57 PM, Pure961089 said:

Hoglander is Jonny Gaudreau 2.0.

JonJon doesn't hit like Nils does, and doubt he squats 300+lbs.  This kid has lightning-quick hands and is aggressive -- kindof what we hoped we were getting in Dahlen.  Apparently got little ice-time last year but still put up decent points.  Would expect he takes a bigger role this year, and think he just might light it up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

JonJon doesn't hit like Nils does, and doubt he squats 300+lbs.  This kid has lightning-quick hands and is aggressive -- kindof what we hoped we were getting in Dahlen.  Apparently got little ice-time last year but still put up decent points.  Would expect he takes a bigger role this year, and think he just might light it up.

They’re not clones but they do have some similarities.  I agree Nils hits harder and it more physically engaging.  Similarities are their skating and quick darts in and out of traffic also they’re both phenomenal stick handlers.  Gaudreau I think has a better shot than Nils but that can be improved on

Edited by Pure961089