The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

5 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Absolutely, loving everything about this kid's game. Elite hockey IQ/vision, instant reactions, awesome hands, and the easygoing layback attitude of a pit bull going after a bone.

And yes, JB's ability to provide a continuing series of players like Brock, Petey, Huggy and Hogs producing like stars while collecting ELC salaries ensures that the JB hating "realistic fans" will be fabricating pretexts to whine about him for years to come.

Most of us saw the skill but over on HF (yes it's a cess-pool but lots of great people as well) it was tempered with people ragging his size and defensive game.

I have been floored by this kid, on the big ice he sometimes looked out of place but he has completely elevated his game without the puck. I think he would be great on the PK.

I like Pearson and if we can convince Seattle to take Rousel id like him with Sutter on the 3rd line next season. (Yes I'm a Sutter fan) but a 2nd line of Bo, Podz and Hogs, has the potential to be something special.

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I like Pearson and if we can convince Seattle to take Rousel id like him with Sutter on the 3rd line next season. (Yes I'm a Sutter fan) but a 2nd line of Bo, Podz and Hogs, has the potential to be something special.

I think it is far more likely that he starts on the 3rd line with Sutter (re-signed) and MacEwen or the 4th line with Motte and Beagle at the start of the season. His dog on a bone style would fit nicely there while he becomes more accustomed to the NHL pace and style of play. He may move up the line as he makes adjustments during the year. Next season's training camp should give CDC'ers a better idea of where he fits in.

39 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I think it is far more likely that he starts on the 3rd line with Sutter (re-signed) and MacEwen or the 4th line with Motte and Beagle at the start of the season. His dog on a bone style would fit nicely there while he becomes more accustomed to the NHL pace and style of play. He may move up the line as he makes adjustments during the year. Next season's training camp should give CDC'ers a better idea of where he fits in.

I would think that is more likely the plan for him when he plays the back end of this season.  With his feet wet, as long as he holds his own, I can see him getting to start next season on the 2nd line.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

podkolzin-Bo-hoglander seems like a great 2nd line.....next season?

I see Pod being on the 3rd or 4th line next year. Akin to Horvat when he entered.

Motte-Beagle-Pod could be a line.

3rd line could be different next year.

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I see Pod being on the 3rd or 4th line next year. Akin to Horvat when he entered.

Motte-Beagle-Pod could be a line.

3rd line could be different next year.

I know pod has been playing his off wing. I'd like to see him groomed as an LW.

Eventually I want to see him on the top line with miller moving to play with Bo.

• Cheers 1

I think I am in the Hoglander thread but unsure with all the Podz talk.

I will post here anyways. Loved how Hoglander came out of the box and onto the PK. His 20 sec??? there looked good. If Hoglander can sharpen up his D a bit more I think he could be a legit threat there. Kinda like a Motte with more of a scoring touch. Wowza

16 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I know pod has been playing his off wing. I'd like to see him groomed as an LW.

Eventually I want to see him on the top line with miller moving to play with Bo.

Hoglander is naturally a LW FWIW. An eventual Hoglander, Horvat, Podkolzin line has everyone on their natural side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Really like what I’ve seen from this guy so far.  kid’s a pin ball bouncing through checks and you can see the skill every time he touches the puck.  Best player to ever play for the Canucks was only 5’10”, not worried about size with this kid.

Today, Nils is ranked 6th most likely to win the Calder by sports books.

He's ahead of Sorokin, Cozens, Vilardi, Hayton, Romanov, Byram, Zegras, Tippet, Byfield, and several others of note.

No wonder JB thought he could (paraphrased), 'part with that 1st for Miller because he felt like he got 2 first rounders in Podkolzin and Hoglander'.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 1/29/2021 at 1:09 PM, Maddogy said:

This guy's balance is incredible. He seems to have a low centre of gravity. He gets back on his feet real quick. His stick work is better than Elias Pettersson. His hockey IQ and vision are exceptional. I am not sure about his shot. 

The funny thing about this is he supposedly does have a good shot. We just haven't really seen it yet...

...which means we could be seeing it at some point on top of what we've seen so far.

• Upvote 1