The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Wonder what the possibility of Hogz being nominated for the Calder is. Kaprizov will win it, possibly Lankinen but it would be sweet to

have another nomination. He’s played like he should have 5-7 more points imo 

At this point, I'd expect him to finish around 8-10th in voting. Too many other decent rookies have cropped up. If Hogz can pick up his production a bit, there's a chance he could get closer, but it does get a lot harder once you get to the top 3.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, -AJ- said:

At this point, I'd expect him to finish around 8-10th in voting. Too many other decent rookies have cropped up. If Hogz can pick up his production a bit, there's a chance he could get closer, but it does get a lot harder once you get to the top 3.

PPG plays such a big part. Hogz came in at mid season form but his play has not tapered in the slightest. His scoring ops are there every game, every shift. At some point his scoring consistency kicks in. He could easily go on a scoring streak.

Hoglander battles his way into 300th in all-time Canuck scoring with his assist tonight.

299.  Raimo Summanen LW 19 6 7 13
300.  Nils Hoglander RW 33 5 8 13
300.  Ryan Shannon RW 27 5 8 13
302.  Andrew Alberts D 134 4 9 13
302.  Josh Holden C 46 4 9 13
310.  Reid Boucher LW 48 8 4 12
311.  Emerson Etem RW 39 7 5 12
312.  Andrew Ebbett C 46 6 6 12
312.  Michael Peca C 37 6 6 12

Edited by Wilbur
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Some gems there wh. 

Boucher 

Etem

Ebbett

now I know who Chatfield reminds me of - Etem. He's the defence version of Etem, lots of running around, not so many good decisions. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

now I know who Chatfield reminds me of - Etem. He's the defence version of Etem, lots of running around, not so many good decisions. 

Motte was like that at first.  Hopefully he'll get better.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

I'm not sure why Hoglander isn't used in the overtime 3 on 3.

He seems to have the speed and energy to beat guys one on one with all that open ice!

Travis S.  Green  .....  the "S" stands for stubborn 

(couldn't come up with anything meaningful using his "V")

Edited by Googlie

18 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

I'm not sure why Hoglander isn't used in the overtime 3 on 3.

He seems to have the speed and energy to beat guys one on one with all that open ice!

I kind of agree, but the reason could be because he still seems to be a bit impatient. Sometimes he tries to force a play that isn't really there, which in OT causes odd man rushes and breakaways the other way.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I kind of agree, but the reason could be because he still seems to be a bit impatient. Sometimes he tries to force a play that isn't really there, which in OT causes odd man rushes and breakaways the other way.

he'll iron that out with more experience. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i really enjoyed that piece on Hogs....if there is anything positive to come out of this season its definetly Höglander. Feels like a bright beacon in this seasons darkness and im always excited to see him on the ice. The kind of player u want things to go his way purely due to his sheer will and tenacity and that sparks energy for others. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hogs is still quite raw and I feel he has several years to reach his potential.

This is a good thing, as that potential is very high and he has the drive to get there. I know he's playing at a .5ppg clip now, but mark my words - he's going to be an elite to near elite player for us. 1st line player.

Yet another absolute steal by Benning and Co.

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, kloubek said:

Hogs is still quite raw and I feel he has several years to reach his potential.

This is a good thing, as that potential is very high and he has the drive to get there. I know he's playing at a .5ppg clip now, but mark my words - he's going to be an elite to near elite player for us. 1st line player.

Yet another absolute steal by Benning and Co.

Almost like we'll be a couple years before we're contenders... :bigblush:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...