The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

Hoglander, in his rookie season, is on pace to match Virtanen's best season as a Canuck if there were to be a full season. Just sayin'. 

Hoglander

50 gp 12 g 14 a 26 pts .52 ppg

Virtanen

69 gp 18 g 18 a 36 pts .52 ppg

• Cheers 1

Drafted 40th

This season 2nd most points from his draft class and could catch Hughes.

Overall 4th most points from his draft class and best ppg with Zegras.

This is, for now, maybe the best pick of the Benning Era, and he has a lot of good picks.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Drafted 40th

This season 2nd most points from his draft class and could catch Hughes.

Overall 4th most points from his draft class and best ppg with Zegras.

This is, for now, maybe the best pick of the Benning Era, and he has a lot of good picks.

His ppg is ramping up. He has been generating chances pretty much all season. I can see him being a consistent 30-35 goal a year player. It looks like he can consistently drive a line. He makes the replace Benning crowd slink into the shadows.

• Haha 1

Wow, did Hogs actually say this? :blink:

I mean, I love it, personally speaking, and the confidence and swagger it shows.

It’s just so far removed from the usual robotic, hockey “culture” quotes you get from players, where it’s all about the team, and never about the player himself (unless he’s taking the blame for something—and then it’s never about the team and all about the player).

I just can’t remember ever seeing an NHL player give a postgame quote that leads with “I played great tonight.”

Love it. :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I mean, I love it, personally speaking, and the confidence and swagger it shows.

It’s just so far removed from the usual robotic, hockey “culture” quotes you get from players, where it’s all about the team, and never about the player himself (unless he’s taking the blame for something—and then it’s never about the team and all about the player).

I just can’t remember ever seeing an NHL player give a postgame quote that leads with “I played great tonight.”

If he hits 35 might have to start calling him Nils Goalander

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I like the more direct answer to the (I would say stupid) question(s) players get asked. How do you think you played tonight (insert Hoglander answer). Instead of, the team was great, we really came out hard, we wanted this game tonight... You scored a couple goals can you talk about those for a moment... Well the guys did all the work and I was just in the right place to finish, its a team effort out there... Blah Blah Blah, so old, love this answer. He knows its still a team game, seems only the media needs to be reminded of it on a nightly basis

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

Hoglander, in his rookie season, is on pace to match Virtanen's best season as a Canuck if there were to be a full season. Just sayin'. 

Hoglander

50 gp 12 g 14 a 26 pts .52 ppg

Virtanen

69 gp 18 g 18 a 36 pts .52 ppg

Hoglander has already lapped Virtanen.  If Virtanen had half the heart Hoglander had, he'd still be in the race. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Hoglander has already lapped Virtanen.  If Virtanen had half the heart Hoglander had, he'd still be in the race. 

Hockey get's in the way of Virtanen's life style :lol: I can't count the number of posters who were willing to go to the wall for Virtanen, where are they now :wub:

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Hockey get's in the way of Virtanen's life style :lol: I can't count the number of posters who were willing to go to the wall for Virtanen, where are they now :wub:

Hey! I was one of them. BUT I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT HE MIGHT BRING IN THE PLAYOFF. Now that I know he can hit the road.

• Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Hey! I was one of them. BUT I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT HE MIGHT BRING IN THE PLAYOFF. Now that I know he can hit the road.

Heck I hope I can say the same about Juolevi. Here's the problem in Hockey management you need to make these calls ( good or bad players ) Before they fail or become a wreck. Finding that out after the event is counted as a F in grading success  

41 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Heck I hope I can say the same about Juolevi. Here's the problem in Hockey management you need to make these calls ( good or bad players ) Before they fail or become a wreck. Finding that out after the event is counted as a F in grading success  

In all fairness most of the Canucks team in virtanen tender was pretty bad can’t have thing the same

On 5/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, Boudrias said:

His ppg is ramping up. He has been generating chances pretty much all season. I can see him being a consistent 30-35 goal a year player. It looks like he can consistently drive a line. He makes the replace Benning crowd slink into the shadows.

Not this one.

• Like 1

Hogs was probably one of the most consistent Canucks all season. Even when he doesnt score, he still contributes, creating turnovers, winning puck battles, there is a lot of skill there. You could probably count in 1 hand how many so so games he's had (from what ive seen, 4 games), which is impressive for a rookie. He's got a bright future and defintely part of the core going forward. I think Hogs will ultimately make his mark in the PK, which I hope the team give him a chance next season. He's looked impressive the very little showings hes had in the PK

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Hogs was probably one of the most consistent Canucks all season. Even when he doesnt score, he still contributes, creating turnovers, winning puck battles, there is a lot of skill there. You could probably count in 1 hand how many so so games he's had (from what ive seen, 4 games), which is impressive for a rookie. He's got a bright future and defintely part of the core going forward. I think Hogs will ultimately make his mark in the PK, which I hope the team give him a chance next season. He's looked impressive the very little showings hes had in the PK

Good call on the PK. I think you're probably bang on. His playstyle is perfect for the PK and I bet he could thrive there with some practice.

On 5/11/2021 at 5:39 PM, Boudrias said:

He makes the replace Benning crowd slink into the shadows.

Höglander was scouted by swedes, not Benning. 

Benning just cleared his throat and said yes, when the scouts pushed Höglander forward. 

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Höglander was scouted by swedes, not Benning. 

Benning just cleared his throat and said yes, when the scouts pushed Höglander forward. 

That is quite likely@Timråfanbut a smart GM listens to his scouts that cover that area. Their have been some exceptional talents come out of Sweden in the past 2 decades and Höglander is going to be another name on that list IMO.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2