Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Sami is my favourite. B)

Mad respect for anyone who can come back from blown up family jewels.

 

Kidding aside, Sami was also one of my favorites.  He was as good as he was, in spite of all the injuries he had.  I can only imagine what sort of player and career he would have had if injuries didn't derail him.  He had the size, speed, and skills to be one of the best. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Mad respect for anyone who can come back from blown up family jewels.

 

Kidding aside, Sami was also one of my favorites.  He was as good as he was, in spite of all the injuries he had.  I can only imagine what sort of player and career he would have had if injuries didn't derail him.  He had the size, speed, and skills to be one of the best. 

Wicked smaht too. One of the most underrated Canucks ever.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Wicked smaht too. One of the most underrated Canucks ever.

I knew I forgot one of the "s".  Smart...probably the best point shot in Canucks history as well.  So that's 5-s's: Smart, Size, Speed, Skills, Boomer Shot. Appropriate that Sami Salo's initials are "SS".

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not huge jersey guy, but I’m thinking about getting myself one with Hoglander on the back. Truly one of the highlights of a tough season this kid has been. With Podkolzin coming next year we are going to have two young, talented players with motors that DO NOT STOP.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’m not huge jersey guy, but I’m thinking about getting myself one with Hoglander on the back. Truly one of the highlights of a tough season this kid has been. With Podkolzin coming next year we are going to have two young, talented players with motors that DO NOT STOP.

A tenacious work ethic in our young players is so important. Hard work can beat talent.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2021 at 6:49 AM, Boudrias said:

What Gillis didn't do is draft a notable player in later rounds. Benning on the otherhand has. Best examples right now appear to be Hoglander and Rathbone. Both have the potential of top line and top d pairing. 

Rathbone has played 3 games for us, and no, he is not ever going to be a top pairing dman.  :picard:

Edited by EddieVedder
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, reyezone said:

The puck really follows him around out on the ice. 

I get what you mean but it's really the other way around, isn't it? ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

I love how he hasn’t tried anything too fancy here yet. To me that shows intelligence.

 

He’s clearly focused on winning the trust of the coach first. Plus he’s aware that those kind of goals are much harder to score in the NHL.

 

Shows hes cocky but not too cocky.

 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

"He's a power forward, but a tiny one" - Elias Pettersson B)

It's actually the perfect way to describe him, haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

"He's a power forward, but a tiny one" - Elias Pettersson B)

Did Elias say this during the year end availability? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2021 at 10:47 AM, Chicken. said:

A tenacious work ethic in our young players is so important. Hard work can beat talent.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoglander just has a "knack" for positioning himself well.  He's the most consistent player on the forecheck at disrupting the opposition and stealing pucks by far.  His work ethic is amazing yes, but he often seems to know where to place his stick to block an outlet pass or just disrupt the puck carrier's ability to move the puck.

 

I'm not sure if Hoglander will become a top point producer in the NHL, but he has tremendous skills and instincts which bode well for his future.  He's the kind of player that can probably play anywhere in the line-up and with pretty much anyone just because he does many useful things well. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...