The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

You are finally getting it.

That's the worst argument you could of said. Double standard. Classless and zero integrity.

It's not okay when anybody does it. You got a problem on the ice handle it like men not cowards.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I've played hockey and basketball growing up. Did I say that? What's your agruement? Are you trying to insult me lol?

No cowards elbow people or hit them from behind and are not willing to face the music after. Cowards are people who have to take cheap shots in order to "send a message" and are too pussy get in the face of anyone when they have a problem with them.

Was what Matheson did not cowardly? Was what Keith did not cowardly? What about Tierney? Is it only when Canucks players do it it's not cowardly?

Edit: This isn't 70s or 80s It's a way new generation now. Why do you think the NHL just paid over a hundred people in the concussion settlement. It was the wild west back then and they are paying the price for it now.

Oh believe me. I know it is a new generation.  The whole "I don't feel safe" generation.

The "other" generation on driver licenses.  Everybody feels like they are owed something.   The people who do stupid things (like vape) and then launch a lawsuit because they say they didn't know it was dangerous.  Sickening really.

I would rather watch Hoglander elbow that other guy in the head all day long. Much more satisfying (mainly due to the lack of whining).

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That's the worst argument you could of said. Double standard. Classless and zero integrity.

It's not okay when anybody does it. You got a problem on the ice handle it like men not cowards.

You know what a man does on the ice? He knocks out the other guy with an elbow lol.  

:lol:

PS: fix your sig. You spelled a name wrong and spelled a city wrong.  :frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Oh believe me. I know it is a new generation.  The whole "I don't feel safe" generation.

The "other" generation on driver licenses.  Everybody feels like they are owed something.   The people who do stupid things (like vape) and then launch a lawsuit because they say they didn't know it was dangerous.  Sickening really.

I would rather watch Hoglander elbow that other guy in the head all day long. Much more satisfying (mainly due to the lack of whining).

What does any of this have to do with anything we are talking about? 

The point I was making is that sports in general are a lot more attentive to head injuries. As they should be when they are necessary, especially when it comes to deliberate plays like dirty head shots.

Perhaps I should of elaborated for you?

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You know what a man does on the ice? He knocks out the other guy with an elbow lol.  

:lol:

A very cowardly one.

5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That guy was looking to make a play on the puck not run Hoglander. Dude dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Now he's out and probably concussed. I am not sure that's a good way to let guys know they can't run you.

Worked for Bure against Dallas and we won the series

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hogs did take care of business like a man.  The other guy was lying on the ice unconscious as proof.  You play with a bull, and sometimes you get the horns.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Take you didn't watch Mess cheap $&!# his way to a cup in 94 and that rat on Boston in 11

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cup2022 said:

Take you didn't watch Mess cheap $&!# his way to a cup in 94 and that rat on Boston in 11

5 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

Worked for Bure against Dallas and we won the series

Did you not see point out various examples?

I stated that I am not okay when anyone does it. You have a problem on the ice don't handle it like cowards.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hogs did take care of business like a man.  The other guy was lying on the ice unconscious as proof.  You play with a bull, and sometimes you get the horns.  

The only thing that was proof of was being a dirty and unnecessary play.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Did you not see point out various examples?

I stated that I am not okay when anyone does it. You have a problem on the ice don't handle it like cowards.

I don't think I have ever seen a team win a cup without having what you refer to it as a coward on it 

Just now, Cup2022 said:

I don't think I have ever seen a team win a cup without having what you refer to it as a coward on it 

We never won when Bertuzzi sucker punched Moore or when Bure drilled Churla. You shouldn't use that as a basis it is pretty meaningless and not a good idea to make hockey decisions at that high of a level based on that sort of ridiculousness.

16 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

Sorry to say, but what the rat did wasn’t cheap.  

The twins and rest of the team bent over and took it like they liked it.  

At least in 94 the team had some sort of push back.  

Most embarrassing part of being a Canucks fan was watching Daniel take those rabbit punches in the face like a total bi@&h.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The only thing that was proof of was being a dirty and unnecessary play.

I agree it was dirty.  Good for our guy; bad for their guy.  It was definitely necessary though.  Hogs needs to create time space for himself.  Plus he needs to protect himself too.  This dirt play was completely necessary.  Love he did it! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We never won when Bertuzzi sucker punched Moore or when Bure drilled Churla. You shouldn't use that as a basis it is pretty meaningless and not a good idea to make hockey decisions at that high of a level based on that sort of ridiculousness.

Welll Bertuzzi wasn't in a playoff series at the time and we made a final in the year Bure threw that elbow and lost to a team with Mess that thought Linden was a tree he had to chop down ever shift I think that proves my point.

Just now, Cup2022 said:

Welll Bertuzzi wasn't in a playoff series at the time and we made a final in the year Bure threw that elbow and lost to a team with Mess that thought Linden was a tree he had to chop down ever shift I think that proves my point.

My point was that it is a stupid argument. No sense behind any of it. Nobody in their right mind is going to make decisions based off what your saying.

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Sorry to say, but what the rat did wasn’t cheap.  

The twins and rest of the team bent over and took it like they liked it.  

At least in 94 the team had some sort of push back.  

Most embarrassing part of being a Canucks fan was watching Daniel take those rabbit punches in the face like a total bi@&h.   

I agree that's why you need $&!# head on your team that has no moral compass NHL is reffed for them in playoffs always has been

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You play with fire (Hoglander) your gonna get burned (knocked out)!!!

Wooooooo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It was senseless. There was no reason for it. Those attempted hits weren't even in the same game! 

If you want to respond physically he in the damn players face and respond. Enough of this shady ass bull $&!#. This is a mans sport if you have a problem respond as such instead of elbows or hits from behind. It's &^@#ing cowardly man don't you see the point?!?!?

I am going to call it how I see it. Regardless of whether or not you care.

I outlined the reason for it 3 times already, if you don't want to acknowledge it, that's on you. Hits weren't in the same game but they were against him, and he'd grown sick and tired of it. Can't blame him. Would you rather he gets injured before doing something about it? Or are you one of those holier-than-thou fans that don't want anything to be done even if he does get injured? They'll beat them on the PP right? I just want to see where you feel like it's a good line to draw for a 'classy' message.

He's 5'9" 185lbs and even that is an overestimate according to some websites. I have 0 issues with what he did, and now others around the league will take notice. I hope more of our players take a page out of his book and grow enough spine to stand up for themselves when they're getting pushed around.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

So he takes it out on another player that wasn't even in that game? That's a ridiculous argument. So by your logic if McDavid got hit hard against the Flames it's okay to take it out on Hughes and elbow his lights out? That's incredible ridiculous. I am dumbfounded by that logic.

Someone's hitting and pissing you off you getting his damn face and challenge him don't elbow someone for no reason that was making a hockey play. I've made that point very clear that you don't seem to acknowledge.  The way you want players to respond is cowardly and classless. I want them to kick their damn ass like a &^@#ing man, not from behind like a coward or with an elbow out of nowhere. Why cheap shot when they can be straight up. They're going to have to answer a cheap shot anyway so why not just skip the pussy cheap shot and respond by challenging him.

Jeebus we're just going in circles.... have fun on that high horse, I'll keep supporting our players when they stand up for themselves and each other.

• Upvote 1