The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

3 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

He actually looked a bit embarrassed afterwards...probably because of how easy he makes it look. Is it wrong to think he might be the best player in the world at this particular move at the current time?

Kid has just the sickest set of mitts...

Svech did it twice in the NHL this season so far no? Doing it in the best league is more impressive, but still shows off slick hands regardless.

To me tho, I don't care how the puck gets in the net, there are no style points...still only counts as 1G if its lacrosse style or off your shin pad/face or just a regular old shot. 

Hope he has a productive tournament then finishes the season strong in Sweden

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Sounds like Bo's future winger then possibly eh?

lineup in 2 years like this would be alright 

Hog Bo Boeser

Podz EP40 Miller

Ferland Gaudette Virt

Rooster Beags Motte

Pearson 

Hughes Myers

OJ Tryamkin

Edler Woo

Rafferty

Edited by SergioMomesso
  • Upvote 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

I thought about that when making my post but the guy is a fitness freak and built like a tank. 

We should never confuse height with size. Smyl was 5'8"/185. So although it may be more difficult road it's still very possible

Svech did it twice in the NHL this season so far no? Doing it in the best league is more impressive, but still shows off slick hands regardless.

To me tho, I don't care how the puck gets in the net, there are no style points...still only counts as 1G if its lacrosse style or off your shin pad/face or just a regular old shot. 

This, put the puck in the their net, keep it out of yours. Works for me as well. 

Both of Hogs' goals were flashier, faster and looked slicker than Svech's ...and one was with someone right on him...

If Hogs can do that...he can score goals anyway he wants and with EP or QH to feed him I can see him scoring plenty...!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

He actually looked a bit embarrassed afterwards...probably because of how easy he makes it look. Is it wrong to think he might be the best player in the world at this particular move at the current time?

Kid has just the sickest set of mitts...

Svechnikov would disagree as he has done it twice in the beat league in the world.

But Hoglander is very good at it lol.

Edit: I see this was already mentioned and responded to. :canucks:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Crazy you said that back in October 

page 42

If I'm honest I meant he would show the original October goal video every Christmas.  Seriously impressive goal to do  2x in a short time especially on such a big stage. The kids confidence is sky high at the moment.  

Any chance he joins us next season? 

Ps Simpsons should hire me 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Hog Bo Boeser

Podz EP40 Miller

Ferland Gaudette Virt

Rooster Beags Motte

Pearson 

Hughes Myers

OJ Tryamkin

Edler Woo

Rafferty

Hopefully a 1st round dman will be pushing to make the team by then. Also better 4th line. Maybe even Myers on the 3rd pairing. 

Mark my words myers will be the new whippy boy in a year or 2.  He is already on the 3rd pairing iirc

Edited by milk and honey

3 hours ago, SergioMomesso said:

Hog Bo Boeser

Podz EP40 Miller

Ferland Gaudette Virt

Rooster Beags Motte

Pearson 

Hughes Myers

OJ Rafferty

Edler Woo

Stecher 

Nailed the top two lines imo.

Podz on line 1 to give EP and miller some grit, bring the puck up the ice and gain the zone, retrieve puck in the o-zone and pick up garbage goals.

Hog as Bo's winger to bring some skill and passing to the second line. Add Boesser's shot and decent passing ability as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

If I'm honest I meant he would show the original October goal video every Christmas.  Seriously impressive goal to do  2x in a short time especially on such a big stage. The kids confidence is sky high at the moment.  

Any chance he joins us next season? 

Ps Simpsons should hire me 

Hog says he is...

No matter what happens with the team, we need to keep our current scouts and build on them. Judd Brackett’s killing it under Jim Benning.  

Anybody know who would’ve made the decision to pull the trigger on Hog? 

23 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

No matter what happens with the team, we need to keep our current scouts and build on them. Judd Brackett’s killing it under Jim Benning.  

Anybody know who would’ve made the decision to pull the trigger on Hog? 

Loui Erikson

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1