The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

1 hour ago, Battlemonger said:

How this guy made it to the end of the second round in the draft is beyond me. Even last year he looked like a late first.

Not complaining though. LOL

He didn't make it to the end of the 2nd round. Canucks picked him fairly early in the 2nd round at 40th overall.

2 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

How this guy made it to the end of the second round in the draft is beyond me. Even last year he looked like a late first.

Projected as a 1rst rounder. I never really looked into him until the pick because I never thought he’d fall to 40. Hoglander being 5’9” is the only reason he fell to 40 if he was 2” taller come draft day he would have been a 1rst round pick.

3 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

Honestly, I think he slid because of his size. He's 5'9". But he's definitely got first round talent. Honestly, drafting Hoglander and Podkolzin this past draft makes the JT Miller trade more palatable since you can make the argument the Canucks walked away with "two first round talents" in 2019. 

Very excited to see how he fares in North America next year.

On 12/28/2019 at 12:40 PM, Stierlitz said:

I just thought the no mic'up video was because at #10 they were expecting to draft someone like Seider and he wasn't available and JB and crew might seem a little disappointed that that''s why there isn't a mic'up video. There wasn't one for 2016 as well, as I know JB was hoping for PLD at #5 so they can package that pick and Horvat to Montreal for PK Subban (man, what a horrible trade that would have been, thank you Columbus).

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Projected as a 1rst rounder. I never really looked into him until the pick because I never thought he’d fall to 40. Hoglander being 5’9” is the only reason he fell to 40 if he was 2” taller come draft day he would have been a 1rst round pick.

5"9 and has the core strength of a 6'2 defender.  this guys workouts are already the stuff of legend.  

I cannot wait to see his impact on our prospect camp and AHLers next year.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I hope The Hog pushes to make the Canucks next year. I really think another player with a sniper mentality is what we need. Skill-wise, he is a definite up grade on Pearson and Leivo...though I still like those 2 guys but I think their spot in the lineup is too high.

Hog is matching, if not exceeding my expectations I had for him heading into this tournament. On track to be one stars of the WJC. Awesome to watch.

BTW...he’s tied for 3rd in tournament scoring. 

Edited by Locke Lamora

Why am I more excited about Hoglander than Podkolzin? Lol. Both are awesome picks though.

I expect Hoglander to push for a spot next year. Podkolzin in a couple of years.

Edited by Odd.