The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He didn't.......did he?

Well, a bit of an alternative take on the lacrosse wrap around. He was behind the net, got the puck on the flat of his blade...and just flipped it over top the net, trying to bounce the puck off the goalies back and in.

Unsuccessful, but the kid has massive ones....

Upon looking at the video again, maybe he wasn’t trying to bounce it of the goalie but just get it out into the slot.

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's Hog that would move into the the top 6, along with Jake.  Podz frees Jake from having to anchor the bottom 6.

Boes' is a 25-30 goal guy, at this point, and will get into the 30-35 goal range, imo.  Good enough to bring a hefty return, not so good that he'll be irreplaceable.

Again, hypothetical based on "ifs", the biggest if being Hoglander being a legit offensive force.

The other hypothetical is you are assuming Jake will turn into a top 6 forward that will process the game at that level.  He has played a good north south game vs secondary checkers and defenders for 40 games, can he be a reliable producer with more skilled players facing the other teams best defenders and defensive forwards?  Boeser already produces in that context and will get better.  

Jake is a nice piece to have, but Boeser's production is critical for the success of this team.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

I get what you’re saying and I’m high on Brock.  He’d easily return a blue chip pick/prospect or land a D-man. That’s no slight on Brock, but I’d rather the team spend on C and D before the wings and Petey and Quinn are going to get paid.

For me, a lot will also depend on what BB is asking for on his next deal, though. If he’s willing to take a haircut on a “hometown” deal (slight increase to just under 7 mil?) I think he brings enough on and off the ice that it’ll be a no brainer to build around him. 

BB is tied with OV in points....BB is now a 200 foot player...those don't grow on trees....he is worth 7M+ for sure and we need him now and in the future.

We just need to do something about Erikkson...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, stawns said:

The poster who cited Boston's ability to move out high value players in their prime for blue chip prospects or high picks to extend their window is dead on.  To me, Boes is the prime candidate for that move, along with one of the goalies..........if the young, high end skill prospects in their pipeline 

The Boston model is a good strategy however we aren't there yet. Boston was already a perennial playoff team when they started making shrewd moves to keep their window open. Let's keep some continued success with what we have before we start moving good players out for blue chip prospects. We already have blue chip prospects from finishing low and drafting high. We dont need to trade players to keep the window open because our window hasn't opened yet.

No need to be impatient to see exciting trades. Boeser isn't going anywhere.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Better footage:

If that was against a taller (NHL) goalie, that probably would have worked. (Edit: or not.. I just noticed that Hlavaj is 6'4). 

I can't wait to see this guy as a Canuck. So dangerous behind the net.

Edited by Slegr
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

The Boston model is a good strategy however we aren't there yet. Boston was already a perennial playoff team when they started making shrewd moves to keep their window open. Let's keep some continued success with what we have before we start moving good players out for blue chip prospects. We already have blue chip prospects from finishing low and drafting high. We dont need to trade players to keep the window open because our window hasn't opened yet.

No need to be impatient to see exciting trades. Boeser isn't going anywhere.

Its a good thing Boston didn't draft better in 2015 because if they did they could have had these guys right now. 

Boston Picks

13. Jakub Zboril - 0 NHL games

14. Jake Debrusk

15. Zachary Senyshyn - 0 NHL games 

They could have had the next three guys in 

16. Mathew Barzal

17. Kyle Connor

18. Thomas Chabot 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Its a good thing Boston didn't draft better in 2015 because if they did they could have had these guys right now. 

Boston Picks

14. Jake Debrusk

16. Mathew Barzal

17. Kyle Connor

18. Thomas Chabot 

Yowsa. Thank you hockey gods. 

18 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Boston Picks

14. Jake Debrusk

16. Mathew Barzal

17. Kyle Connor

18. Thomas Chabot 

Minor detail but Zboril actually has 2 NHL games and Senyshyn has 6 (and likely would have had more if not injured this season) FWIW.

17 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

I love the goalie's reaction to him picking up the puck -- full scarecrow to cover both top corners.  :)

Yeah it’s hilarious! As soon as he picks up the puck, he’s like “oh $&!#, oh $&!#, oh $&!#”. Drops his stick and everything! Hahaha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Boston Picks

14. Jake Debrusk

16. Mathew Barzal

17. Kyle Connor

18. Thomas Chabot 

Unfortunately for Boston Benning had already left so this is the result. Meanwhile Benning took Boeser at 23 that year. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Re Brock- His shot is less lethal 

he wears both wrists tapped now 

He’s had several injuries to those wrists -

but He is a more complete player now. I would trade him if he has an attitude but it sounds like he doesn’t and him and Petey get along well. 

I also think the offense went through him more before Perry got here and I think he actually gets fewer high danger chances now.

back to Hogz- looks like 6 points in 3 games, and at least 1 player of the game award. That bodes well for sure but doesn’t guarantee nhl stardom  

can you provide a source saying he has had several injuries to both wrists? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1