The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

4 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

Ok I'm officially confused

You're not going to get many objective opinions from fans of a team that drafted a player or fans of a team with a player on a play like this. It's not just Vancouver fans it's all fan bases that see a play through the lenses of their own team's colors.

I'm not comparing Hoglander to Tom Wilson in any, shape or form but it's like Caps fans thinking Wilson is just a hard nosed player where the rest of the league thinks he's a head Hunter.

• Wat 2

12 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

You're not going to get many objective opinions from fans of a team that drafted a player or fans of a team with a player on a play like this. It's not just Vancouver fans it's all fan bases that see a play through the lenses of their own team's colors.

I'm not comparing Hoglander to Tom Wilson in any, shape or form but it's like Caps fans thinking Wilson is just a hard nosed player where the rest of the league thinks he's a head Hunter.

I hate to make the comparison, but undersized skilled winger who goes on the offensive and tries to hurt guys when he's in the trolly tracks or in a vulnerable position.... I smell a rat! (and it smells much better in blue and green than brown and gold)

Edited by reyezone
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reyezone said:

I hate to make the comparison, but undersized skilled winger who goes on the offensive and tries to hurt guys when he's in the trolly tracks or in a vulnerable position.... I smell a rat! (and it smells much better in blue and green than brown and gold)

I didn't say that having a potential rat in the system is a bad thing. But I do think the 5 minutes plus a game was the correct call under the IIHF standard of play for head contact. He had the chicken wing flying and made a last second adjustment to lean in instead of a last second adjustment to lean out and avoid contact.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

I didn't say that having a potential rat in the system is a bad thing. But I do think the 5 minutes plus a game was the correct call under the IIHF standard of play for head contact. He had the chicken wing flying and made a last second adjustment to lean in instead of a last second adjustment to lean out and avoid contact.

Hogz could have developed this reaction playing in a men’s league as an undersized 18 year old, and for good reason! How many smallish skill guys could have avoided concussion issues by protecting themselves better? I remember Big Bert’s advice for Petterson when Petey was getting smothered and struggling to find open ice last year, “he better sharpen his elbows”.  

• Like 2