The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

21 hours ago, canuktravella said:

we are not trading virtanen or boeser   or hughes or petersson. they are going nowhere. Tanev will be let go  hes getting old time for a new dcorp

edler myers

hughes tryamkin

juolevi rathbone

rafferty 

should be our corp next season 

Damn, that is exciting!

21 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That's a rebuilding D-core not a playoff one.

But yes, unlikely...

5 hours ago, gurn said:

Can you name any other team, ever, that had 3 rookie D men in the line up?

who cares they are not that young oli is turning 22 tryamkin is 25 rafferty is turning 25  and rathbones 20   they have had enough time developing  plus we have brisebois hes been developed a long time its time to give the kids time in nhl  hughes and petersson  showed up and were great  gaudette and virtanen all  showed up yrs before  they were 25 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

TBH Idk whether I want him to stay in Europe or come play in Utica next year. Leaning more towards Utica but if his SHL team is stacked and better than Utica then idk. Whatever works best for his development

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

TBH Idk whether I want him to stay in Europe or come play in Utica next year. Leaning more towards Utica but if his SHL team is stacked and better than Utica then idk. Whatever works best for his development

Yeah I'd like to him get used to the NA game and like you said, be on a stacked Utica roster. Theres no rush whatsoever for Hogs to be in the big club, let that boy develop

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

That is doubtful.  Nylander is likely going to be a consistent 25-30 goal player.

I would love it if Hoglander to be better than Nylander, but at the same age in the same league, Nylander outscored Hoglander by a large margin. We will see, but Hoglander's comparison should be someone like a Viktor Arvidsson.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I would love it if Hoglander to be better than Nylander, but at the same age in the same league, Nylander outscored Hoglander by a large margin. We will see, but Hoglander's comparison should be someone like a Viktor Arvidsson.

I'd prefer Arvidsson over Nylander any day.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 4/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, khay said:

This kid is going to be at least as good as William Nylander but with more bite to his game.

He is going to score over 30 goals in a shortened season?   
Nylander plays like a total kitten, but the kid is a top level player.  

Let’s relax expectations on our kids.   

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1