The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

14 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Any update on Hoglanders game this week? 

He is showing on  hockeydb as still 0 - 4 - 4 and +4 after 3 games, so I assume he didn't make the scoresheet in game 3

Edited by Googlie
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Wouldn't worry me .... in Lind we have a bigger, younger, faster, feistier version waiting his chance.

Oh yeah, Chocolate is gonna push for a roster spot this season for sure! I love the game he plays. He's got Burrows upside, pesky top 9 forward, but can play in your bottom 6 and won't hurt you. 

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, GoCanucks16 said:

In my opinion, Lind is likely never going to be a full-time NHL player.

50/50 ... 

He’s made a successful jump to AHL which is big. 

18 hours ago, Googlie said:

Posted 3 hours ago by GoCanucks16

In my opinion, Lind is likely never going to be a full-time NHL player.

Although next in line after MacEwen and Bailey on the winger depth chart (per his invite to Vancouver for the pause/resume camp, although not included in the final bubble) 

Being behind MacEwen and Bailey doesn't bode well for his NHL prospects. You're proving my point.

35 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

Being behind MacEwen and Bailey doesn't bode well for his NHL prospects. You're proving my point.

He's turning 22 this month. He nearly tripled his AHL rookie season point total in his 2nd year (from 17 to 44) for just under 0.75 P/G while averaging 1PIM/G as an in your face agitator type of player.

Not sure what your expectations are for him but I see a successful young player taking all the right steps towards being a full time NHL middle six forward within 1-2 years.

Edit: This is Hoglander talk lol. The training staff is very high on him it seems, he definitely has an advantage because of how hard he works in the gym combined with his natural skill and intelligence. He's got a great leg up on this season and it looks like he's taking another step forward in the SHL. Would be interesting to potentially see him at training camp this year.

Edited by Chronic.Canucks.Fan
  • Cheers 2