The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else feel there might be a rift in the locker room? Buddy of mine noticed a few games ago a look that Miller gave Petey. I have to say I've noticed it too. They don't talk on the bench and the Habs game Miller was calling for the puck and Petey decided to just dump it in.

1 hour ago, DJSkingz said:

Anyone else feel there might be a rift in the locker room? Buddy of mine noticed a few games ago a look that Miller gave Petey. I have to say I've noticed it too. They don't talk on the bench and the Habs game Miller was calling for the puck and Petey decided to just dump it in.

Way too speculative to merit any credibility imo. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, DJSkingz said:

I might be projecting a little, but I've thought there's been some tension between Miller & others lately.. likely just the slump..

I am a little concerned that there's frustration / confusion as far as the coaching and /or systems go.. that could not only make for an unhappy group, but really doesn't point to a successful season

I was quite surprised that some the coaching staff was extended.. in my eyes, the only safe ones are Manny & Ian, the rest are on notice - & some should have been for longer than others.. 

that said, most of the old core are brittle, & most of the new core are still wet behind the ears.. tempered expectations.. I think if this happens 2 seasons from now, Green should be sweating.. 

Just now, Glug Datt said:

I might be projecting a little, but I've thought there's been some tension between Miller & others lately.. likely just the slump..

I am a little concerned that there's frustration / confusion as far as the coaching and /or systems go.. that could not only make for an unhappy group, but really doesn't point to a successful season

I was quite surprised that some the coaching staff was extended.. in my eyes, the only safe ones are Manny & Ian, the rest are on notice - & some should have been for longer than others.. 

that said, most of the old core are brittle, & most of the new core are still wet behind the ears.. tempered expectations.. I think if this happens 2 seasons from now, Green should be sweating.. 

Winning is fun; losing reveals one’s true character.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Winning is fun; losing reveals one’s true character.  

I guess I can't argue with that, although I'm not completely sure what you're getting at there.. are you saying Miller doesn't have great character because he's frustrated? I would hope none of the team is content with losing, but at the same time that doesn't mean there should be in-fighting..

there is a process to improvement & losing can & should be an important part of it.. 

23 hours ago, DJSkingz said:

Miller is different. Very talented and competitive. He has been prone to d-side errors during this losing stretch. As far as his line mates are concerned he uses everyone from what I see. I did see him talking to Petey on the bench. I get the vibe he puts out but then I could suggest that Boeser is like that too. Miller is 4-5 years older and a vet at 26. Maybe he isn't shy about telling BB and EP40 what he thinks should be happening on the ice. 

To me its the way he does the job without the puck that has made me the most impressed. The way he positions himself to get to areas where he cuts off angles and can distribute the puck and regain the puck again is fantastic. Exactly the completion needed to a sniper like brock and a magic man like Petey. Since everyone takes notice of petey he and brock should get many chances to score. its simply a great match. When those three get some pressure against the oposing net its so much fun to watch. a solid 1st line imo. 

Edited by Mrwipeout

• 2 weeks later...

On pace for exactly 30 goals and 50 assists this year, absolutely decimating his previous bests. Of course, the numbers will look very good after a 4-point game, but the point stands that Miller is better than he's ever been before.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 5:17 AM, Dats hockey said:

Uhhh not sure we even be average without Marky and Petey but k

Not sure we'd be even average without Hughes and Miller too. It goes both ways. The four of them combined have lifted the Canucks out of an abyss. All four of them are just as important as each other IMO.

Horvat, Boeser, and maybe Edler are close behind.

Edited by Grape

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 11:41 AM, Alflives said:

I tried to be a member of HF Canuck's Board a while ago (when we were down here) but got into too many battles with posters about our players' good qualities.  I was very quickly banned for being a troll.  My positivity was not accepted.  Crazy place.  Still don't understand, fully, the whole troll thing.  How can a fan be a troll, who is positive about their team and players on their own team's board?  Wouldn't the negative posters be the ones who are trolls?  

You are short and hairy like a troll. Just sayin'......

On 1/3/2020 at 12:11 AM, -AJ- said:

On pace for exactly 30 goals and 50 assists this year, absolutely decimating his previous bests. Of course, the numbers will look very good after a 4-point game, but the point stands that Miller is better than he's ever been before.

Not really, finally put on a real line consistently and it simply wasn't utilized in that capacity playing on top teams who already had plenty of firepower but with his good defensive side he wasn't used top line much like he is here so all that skill is paying off way larger than what we paid...