The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

28 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Play whistle to whistle. Stop complaining in the middle of a play. Yell after the play or while you're hustling back if you need to.

Just not a fan of how he stopped focusing on the play and it could've potentially led to another goal, with how things are going.

Players need a players only meeting. Who's going to call that? 

I agree. They need to play whistle to whistle, don't give up on a play while it's going the other &^@#ing way

20 hours ago, gurn said:

I wonder:

Are we starting to see why J.T. has been traded multiple times?

Wonder how Alain V. used to deal with this guy. Would be interesting to find out if he has a history of moody play.

He did it last year too, but this season is on a different level. I’ve seen a couple of times he’s lost the puck and just totally gives up and watches the guy skate away and then slowly skates to the bench pouting. I don’t think I’ve ever see a player pout more than Miller when things don’t go his way. Great player when he’s on his game but he’s costing us with that crap. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

He did it last year too, but this season is on a different level. I’ve seen a couple of times he’s lost the puck and just totally gives up and watches the guy skate away and then slowly skates to the bench pouting. I don’t think I’ve ever see a player pout more than Miller when things don’t go his way. Great player when he’s on his game but he’s costing us with that crap. 

Come on now.  JT was a beast last year; 1st on the team in points, inspired Pete/rest of team and 18pts in 17 P/O games. What more could we ask of him?

I don't know what's going on with JT so far this season, but even still, he is 3rd in points with 3 less games.  He's obviously very frustrated and unhappy, which can make it even harder to return to form.  The entire team is underachieving, so it seems that it is a group problem, not just one individual. 

56 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Come on now.  JT was a beast last year; 1st on the team in points, inspired Pete/rest of team and 18pts in 17 P/O games. What more could we ask of him?

I don't know what's going on with JT so far this season, but even still, he is 3rd in points with 3 less games.  He's obviously very frustrated and unhappy, which can make it even harder to return to form.  The entire team is underachieving, so it seems that it is a group problem, not just one individual. 

There is a very good chance that MIller might want out.

There could be a few reasons.

When he was traded here he lost over a million a year to taxes and now well over another million to covid CBA agreement.

The lack of forward movement by the team might make him feel his best years are going to waste.

This team isn't one player away, it is closer to 4 defencemen and 3 top nine players. Pretty sure the players know good from bad.

It is also a possibility that Miller played that good so he could be moved, part of a promise?

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

bring back the "wat?"

It does appear to be a rash of requests, so why not here?

Look at the individual.

A blind man can see this team isn't close to a cup run.

Miller can't see his family.

It has cost him several million dollars to be here in added taxes and accomadtions

The team took a giant leap backwards

His clock is running out.

It probably would not matter anyway because GM JB is a lame duck.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Lol the wolves are out for JT ... Yeah he's had some bad games this year, but he been an absolute beast for us give the guy some slack.  

I wonder what the correlation of people that are complaining about Miller now is to the people that complained about the Miller trade in the first place...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

The idea of trading him or him wanting out is entirely without any merit or basis right now.

He had a career year last year, by a long shot.  They are called career years for a reason, they don’t happen every year.

The guy has been playing poorly and he is frustrated, the team is on a slide with no reinforcements coming.  He should be mad. 

Everything wa a sunshine and roses last year, we haven’t seen how they react to a long stretch of adversity.  

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Gotta learn to turn that frustration into motivation to play harder. Don't blame Holtby at all for his reaction.

Is he in the physical shape to skate faster and play harder? There is a reason why he has been playing poorly in most of the games in this season.

I'll take this quote with a grain of salt but it looks like Holtby and Miller has settled this like gents and moved forward. The accountability between teammates is the best course of action right now, especially since the team has tuned out the coaching staff. I sure hope there was a Players-Only meeting sometime during this Toronto stretch.