The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So much for upgrading Bo's wings lol. I dont see that happening. With Dickenson, that'll be more of a shut down role. Sounds like the nucks are going to try to take some defensive responsibility away from Bo. So he can focus more on offense.

If Miller were to be 3LC. I see it more like 

Hoglander - Petey - Boeser 

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Podkolzin - Miller - Dickenson

Podkolzin could switch early with Hoglander if he proves he belongs. Would bring some toughness, net presence and tenacity to that line. 

I feel Garland is going to ride shotgun with Bo for the year. If they Gel. Bo has been needing that ideal playmaker.. and I think Garland is going to be great with him. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

IMO, Dickinson doesn't have the offense to be on the 2nd line. I can see experimentation with Miller as a the 3rd line C, but I don't think it makes enough sense to stick with.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

IMO, Dickinson doesn't have the offense to be on the 2nd line. I can see experimentation with Miller as a the 3rd line C, but I don't think it makes enough sense to stick with.

I think we can play with Miller at centre, but Dickinson should be on his wing.

Pods, Petey, Bess

Hogs, Bo, Garland

Dickinson, Miller, Lockwood

Motte, Sutter, Mac

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we can play with Miller at centre, but Dickinson should be on his wing.

Pods, Petey, Bess

Hogs, Bo, Garland

Dickinson, Miller, Lockwood

Motte, Sutter, Mac

Where's Pearson?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nuckin Kingsly said:

So much for upgrading Bo's wings lol. I dont see that happening. With Dickenson, that'll be more of a shut down role. Sounds like the nucks are going to try to take some defensive responsibility away from Bo. So he can focus more on offense.

If Miller were to be 3LC. I see it more like 

Hoglander - Petey - Boeser 

Pearson - Horvat - Garland

Podkolzin - Miller - Dickenson

Podkolzin could switch early with Hoglander if he proves he belongs. Would bring some toughness, net presence and tenacity to that line. 

I feel Garland is going to ride shotgun with Bo for the year. If they Gel. Bo has been needing that ideal playmaker.. and I think Garland is going to be great with him. 

45 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Totally agree.  Garland is brought in to add scoring touch to Horvat’s line.  Dickinson works on the 3rd or shut down line

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If they can re-sign Pettersson, the Top 9 should be one of the best in the league.

My guess:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin

He will sign. Fingers crossed :) 

It would have been nice to add one more offensively minded forward to really round out the top 9 and drop Dickinson down to really roll 3 offensive lines. As of now I think we're one forward short.

Pius Suter would have been a great addition.

Miller Petey Garland

Hoglander Bo Boeser

Pearson Suter Podkolzin

Motte Sutter Dickinson

Oh well.

• Cheers 1

Miller 6'2, 218 lbs, playing his best hockey in Vancouver with 2 more full seasons under contract..

He will be 29 going into his last contract? He will want 6.5 - 7 million X 4 yrs?? I would trade or take that money and sign younger player...

AT some point you have to make tough decisions? There will be big contracts with other players soon enough...

Examples -11 players

Petey 3 X 7.5 -soon

OEL   6 X 7.25

Miller ???  2 yrs away-- will be 29

Hughes 3 X 6.8 -- soon

Boeser 4 X 6.7 --Next summer

Horvat 4 X 6.5 - 2 yrs away

Myers  3 X 6 million

Demko 5 million x 5 yrs

Garland 4.9 X  5 yrs left

Rathbone 1 yr away...

Hoglander 2 yrs away

Podkolzin 3 yrs away

10 hours ago, wildcam said:

Miller 6'2, 218 lbs, playing his best hockey in Vancouver with 2 more full seasons under contract..

He will be 29 going into his last contract? He will want 6.5 - 7 million X 4 yrs?? I would trade or take that money and sign younger player...

AT some point you have to make tough decisions? There will be big contracts with other players soon enough...

Examples -11 players

Petey 3 X 7.5 -soon

OEL   6 X 7.25

Miller ???  2 yrs away-- will be 29

Hughes 3 X 6.8 -- soon

Boeser 4 X 6.7 --Next summer

Horvat 4 X 6.5 - 2 yrs away

Myers  3 X 6 million

Demko 5 million x 5 yrs

Garland 4.9 X  5 yrs left

Rathbone 1 yr away...

Hoglander 2 yrs away

Podkolzin 3 yrs away

Boeser’ qualifying offer will be $7.5M. And if he continues to play like he did last year, he shouldn’t have to accept less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Googlie said:

I hope JT takes Podz under his wing like he tried to do with Jake.

I could see Podkolzin soaking up every scrap of advice the vet offers.  They play the same style of game.... relentless puck pursuit, hard on the boards, backckeck ferociously, go to the dirty areas, stick up for teammates, etc.  I'd love to see them on the same line.

JT Petey Pods

Garland Bo Boeser

Pearson Dickinson Hogs

Motte Sutter Highmore

:wub:

We're turning into a pretty quick, and feisty club with high end skill scattered throughout!

JT Petey Boeser

Hogs Bo Garland

Pearson Dickinson Pods

Motte Sutter Highmore

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, bertspissedoff said:

In one of Natalie Millers posts, her friend implies there's only 2 years left of the travel. Take what you want of that but I doubt he stays past his contract

I doubt we were keeping him anyway. He's here to make us competitive now and help give Podkolzin a bar to aim for, and the time to get acclimated.

His cap is going to be needed to give Boeser, Horvat and Hoglander their raises.

• Cheers 3