tan

to NYR

C/W - JT Miller (10% retained)

To VAN

LW - Alexis Lafreniere

LD - K'Andre Miller

1st (2022)

to NJ

RW - Brock Boeser  (Jack Hughes gets Brock on his wing)

LD - Jack Rathbone

RD - Luke Schenn

to VAN

RD - Damon Severson

C - Pavel Zacha

I'm glad Rutherford has publicly praised Miller as our best forward and that NYR are having to deal with our "astronomical" ask of 4 pieces.  He isn't going to bend over for Schneider, Chytil and a 1st so better get real if you want him.  Losing this prospective trade isn't the way we're opening our window of contention in a few years. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Miller into 51st in all-time Canuck scoring with his goal and assist tonight

50.  Martin Gelinas LW 258 90 81 171
51.  J.T. Miller LW 170 60 108 168
52.  Andrew Cassels C 198 40 128 168

That points per game rivals almost anyone in Canucks history.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I heard 650 mention Marner.  

If dubas moves Marner for Miller, I would take it as a sign that the world is ending. Dubas loves his core 4...almost to a fault. Not only that, we would be silly to anchor ourselves to Marner's contract for the next several years despite his talent and offensive output.

Edited by KirkSave
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

If dubas moves Marner for Miller, I would take it as a sign that the world is ending. Dubas loves his core 4...almost to a fault. Not only that, we would be silly to anchor ourselves to Marner's contract for the next several years despite his talent and offensive output.

Marner is an incredible player and has more offensive potential than Miller--that said, Miller has other attributes like his physical play and defensive game that probably make the two equal in value based on play alone. Other factors are that Marner has an insanely expensive contract, but on the other hand, he's about 4 years younger than Miller. Both of those might net out to even.

That said, I doubt a trade that huge would be a straight up one-for-one, as we're also in a huge cap crunch with that one-for-one trade.

EDIT: I just remembered that Marner actually has a very solid defensive game and is regularly used on Toronto's PK, so that actually probably gives the edge to him on the ice. There's still the issue of cap space though, so we'd have to work to make a deal like that work out.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

JT with another game winner last night. Why would we ever consider trading him?

I see for two reasons.  One he just won't sign here unless we grossly overpay him in both dollars and term.  And two we get an offer that is so good we can't say no.  What if the Loser Leafs offered Marner (2 million retention)?

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I see for two reasons.  One he just won't sign here unless we grossly overpay him in both dollars and term.  And two we get an offer that is so good we can't say no.  What if the Loser Leafs offered Marner (2 million retention)?

we don't want that triple flamingo.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1