The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Tom Pyatt, 2019 6th-round pick to Sharks for Francis Perron, 2019 7th-round pick

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Oh yes, so our actual priorities on defence will be addressed by paying Myers 10M a year for his average services :picard:

Brutal....

It'll happen just before you walk out the door and the sky falls, the world explodes and you win a lottery that instead makes you owe millions of dollars.....

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

Pyatt is a UFA.  San Jose looking for cheap depth players.  He'll likely get a league minimum contract and will get the opportunity to play on their 4th line.

Why not on our 4th line?? Can't beat out Schaller?

Found this from earlier this year:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.fearthefin.com/platform/amp/2019/2/6/18212899/san-jose-ahl-barracuda-san-jose-sharks-prospects-gambrell-korenar-suomela-perron

Interesting to read that Perron was considered “the most skilled prospect” on San Jose’s AHL affiliate and a player expected to get “a good long look” at the Sharks’ training camp next season.

Francis Perron

After two so-so seasons in the Ottawa system, Perron has been a revelation in San Jose, earning an AHL All-Star selection. Subject to waivers next year, the winger, widely considered to be the most skilled Barracuda prospect, will be given a long look during training camp.

Sommer, on Perron’s NHL case: Our scouts saw him play in juniors. They didn’t really go on his last two years in AHL. I don’t think that was something he was very proud of.

He has a history of scoring. Maybe a change of venue kind of woke him up.

He’s a plus-player. Got NHL skill. Can skate. I think it’s only a matter of time. He’s one guy, I think he deserves it.

Wilson Jr., on Perron’s future: Next year, I think Perron will be a really good guy to watch in training camp.

Scout #1, on Perron’s game: That Perron kid has really good hands and smarts. The problem with him is he doesn’t really play to the inside too much. He’s a really skilled perimeter guy. Until I see him play with more courage on the inside ... but I like him. He’s a smart player.

Wilson Jr., on notion that Perron was just a “throw-in” in Erik Karlssontrade: We targeted him in the Ottawa trade as the extra piece.

There’s no such thing as a throw-in in an NHL trade. From a scouting perspective, front office perspective, there’s no such thing as a throw-in.

He was a 100-point guy with Timo Meier [in the QMJHL] that we thought would excel in a different spot. It’s a credit to the scouts.

When people say it’s a throw-in, I see it as a disservice to our scouts. They put in a ton of work to go find a guy, a diamond in the rough-type guy.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 2