The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carson Focht | C

elvis15

The trick with turning pro is adjusting to the speed of things. And when you're a player like Cassels and Gadjovich who aren't necessarily the most fleet of foot or agile, it's a tougher transition. Focht has no issues there, and I think he's got a fair bit of hockey smarts to take advantage.

• Cheers 2

On 4/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, elvis15 said:

The trick with turning pro is adjusting to the speed of things. And when you're a player like Cassels and Gadjovich who aren't necessarily the most fleet of foot or agile, it's a tougher transition. Focht has no issues there, and I think he's got a fair bit of hockey smarts to take advantage.

Focht also does not take any crap without delivering a fist, elbow or stick right back. 

• Cheers 1

On 4/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, elvis15 said:

Hopefully Gadjovich can earn his spot more with his play along the boards and in front of the net.

Snippet from "Canucks Army" of a couple of weeks ago.  Was noticeable last night .....

Another familiar sight over the past couple of games is a second line that features rookie Carson Focht between veteran Curtis McKenzie and Nolan Stevens. That trio plays with some physicality and Focht has been a big part of that. He is quickly becoming a player who opposing defenders need to be aware of when he is on the forecheck. He moves on them quickly and isn’t afraid to lay the body when the opportunity presents itself. No points for Focht in this one, but he had a solid game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 5/1/2021 at 11:53 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Hopefully Gadjovich can earn his spot more with his play along the boards and in front of the net.

Yup, it's been nice to see him have a strong season so far. Hopefully he can show some promise if he gets in an NHL game.

8 hours ago, Googlie said:

Snippet from "Canucks Army" of a couple of weeks ago.  Was noticeable last night .....

Another familiar sight over the past couple of games is a second line that features rookie Carson Focht between veteran Curtis McKenzie and Nolan Stevens. That trio plays with some physicality and Focht has been a big part of that. He is quickly becoming a player who opposing defenders need to be aware of when he is on the forecheck. He moves on them quickly and isn’t afraid to lay the body when the opportunity presents itself. No points for Focht in this one, but he had a solid game.

Can't say I'm surprised. He got praise early on and it seems he's carried that momentum into a pretty good season.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/9/2021 at 1:46 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I only watched Focht for one pre season game but was pretty impressed with what he brought. Certainly not the polished player and has more development to go but shows all the right signs

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 11:34 AM, Fred65 said:

I only watched Focht for one pre season game but was pretty impressed with what he brought. Certainly not the polished player and has more development to go but shows all the right signs

Welll Carson has been sent down to Kalamazoo,  ECHL, has he had an injury/illness ?